Green lights

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Whenever you get a green light do you always race off as fast as you can, or does it depend who is next to you or is it a rare indulgence that you only ever do on occasions?

I pull away smoothly and try not to take the bait. If in the Landy I just pull away and watch the world race by! In the MG I sometimes go to pull away quickly but then go through the box and cruise and watch the outside lane racer fly off into the distance.

However many years ago when I had the HSX Chevette I used to sit at the lights in the nearside lane and see the RS turbo boys etc looking over and laughing at the little Chevette with big alloys and spoilers thinking it was a souped up 1256cc shovit. I could hear them revving and just baiting me. So I duly obliged and tried to keep up, wasn't easy holding back :blink1: The look on their faces was something as I was 'keeping up' and then floored it to leave them in my wake, within the speed limit of course. By this time they could hear the twin 48's roaring and that gave the game away :amuse: I do miss that car.

Dont always race off but i do like to pul away fairly quickly, cant abide people who take their time moving off from lights, how long does it take to get the car in gear and drive?

About 0.5 secs...........I'm not one to sit still with the car in gear and my foot on the brake pedal. I told the wife off for doing that and blowing the seals on the clutch slave!

Generally speaking I'm tempted to race off at the lights (When safe to do so!) but only when there is some spotty teenager sitting with his equally spotty girlfriend in the passenger seat revving the nuts out of his 10 year old 1.2 Renault Clio. Usually with the classic "Alloy look" hubcaps, universal induction kit and an exhaust the size of your rear end after 10 hours in the Blue Oyster Nightclub!!!

Other than that I never take the bait ....... ahem!

I use to take the bait much more in my younger days! But i'm older and wiser now! Then again, now the racing lump is in, maybe the devil horns will grow back! :)

Once in a while I'll have a go on a dual carriageway but my car isn't really a rocket from the line - 60 (strictly 62mph=100kmh) is about 8 seconds - usable enough but nothing special.