Fiesta Zetec S

UtK

Torque Junkie
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Went to see a fiesta last night and although the body was in good condition inside and out the car seems to have developed some problems which werent stated in the ad nor when i spoke to the chap on the phone beforehand. The engine management, abs and some other symbol in the shape of a wheel were lit up on the dash. The chap drove it from another location to his house and says that he had to jump start the car since it had been siting around for a few days hence why the lights came on. Drove the car for a test run and everything seemed fine yet the lights are an issue. I do quite like the car but cant really decide whether or not i should go for it. What do you guys think?

Yeah but i am rather struggling to find these zetec's within 100 miles of me not to mention i want to try and find one while my insurance quote lasts which has already increased by a significant amount :( hence why i asked whther i should pursue this car or not.

Obviously there is doubt in your mind so leave it and find another one. These days you have to be prepared for a full on road trip when buying a car though so widen your search.

Obviously there is doubt in your mind so leave it and find another one. These days you have to be prepared for a full on road trip when buying a car though so widen your search.

True. Seems i have no option but to look further out. The fuel cost is what makes this a rather daunting prospect otherwise i wouldnt have thought twice about travelling long distances in order to get the car i want.

Check www.usedwolverhampton.co.uk out as there is a y-reg on there for £950 its blue and looks mint.I know its a bit far but worth it for a good example keep looking around.

Checked the car out and i like it alot and at that price it is very tempting, Friday is the only day i could make the trip and with train tickets being just under £130 for two people (£16 per person is available late next week but i dont think the seller would be to happy about doing a car deal at 1-2 o' clock in the morning) it probably isnt worth me going seeing as how i am already planning a trip down south for the May weekend, i could go check out some cars without any hassle. I will be keeping an eye on it though and IF it hasnt sold by next week then i will get in touch with the seller and try and sort something out. Appreciate you finding it.

PS Refering to the car advertised, wouldnt you consult with your wife or have her test drive the car first to see if she likes it before buying it? Isnt that what you normally do or am i missing something here?

Last edited:
Some people buy cars for thier wifes without them test driving it is a bit stupid but its to late for him lol. My brother wants a zetec s thats how i found it as i was checking prices.You can buy them with a puma 1.7 conversion for about £1500-£2000 which have about 130 bhp.

Definately wise to wait for the right one, impulse buys are not wise at all and will lead to nasty things! The one you mentioned first sounds wrong in every sense. Too many alarm bells ringing, you must be indecisive otherwise you would have already bought it :blink1:

Some people buy cars for thier wifes without them test driving it is a bit stupid but its to late for him lol. My brother wants a zetec s thats how i found it as i was checking prices.You can buy them with a puma 1.7 conversion for about £1500-£2000 which have about 130 bhp.

Yeah have seen some 1.7 puma conversions and some are within my budget but insurance is my downfall and a modified car will destroy the quote i have managed to obtain

Definately wise to wait for the right one, impulse buys are not wise at all and will lead to nasty things! The one you mentioned first sounds wrong in every sense. Too many alarm bells ringing, you must be indecisive otherwise you would have already bought it :blink1:

Wouldnt say indecisive but buying a car with abs, engine management light and a possible traction control issue is a high risk which i was willing to take and did offer to buy the car at a lower price but the guy opted to have a diagnostic done to determine the faults and has yet to get back to me.

i suppose if he sorts the faults there shouldnt be a problem however, ask to see and keep the receipt

i suppose if he sorts the faults there shouldnt be a problem however, ask to see and keep the receipt

Yeah i will be asking to see the diagnostic report and if he chooses to do the work then the reciepts also, dont want him to pull a fly one of just getting rid of the lights or something and then say the problems have been solved

Walk away, there are loads about. Get on ZSOC.com and you have more chance of bagging a well looked after one. Rust is becoming a major issue on these atm, rear arches inparticular.

Fords of that era are definitely prone to a bit of tin worm, rear arches, sills and boot floor are all susceptable to it, the worst part is it's always a structural part that rots causing an MOT failure.

just to add if this is the first one you have seen in the flesh, i would probably back off and try to visit a few more