Hey Guys.....

Jackm123

Car
none.
Hey, well thing is im turning 17 soon and so obviously get to drive :D cant wait! however i do know its expensive nowadays, so im looking for help/advice on what kind of cars to start with that i can spen time in.
There are 5 reasons i mostly joined this site !XD here we go !.

1. Making look better (i.e exterior and interior styling.)

2. And tuning up more of a secondary thing as im not a speed freak or anything prefer the drifting style of things. specially out here in the sticks where i live.

3. Help on how to install upgrades, body styling and such as ive never done anything like that only on push bikes as i do downhill.

4. Advice on which sites are good to buy from.

5. To meet other car folk , that actually know what there talking about !

Thanks guys see you on the flipside.

tcsmileysign.gif

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

sorry to tell you if you change pretty much anything your going to be priced out with insurance.
a set of alloys to my second car added £400

best bet would be to pick up a cheap car and run it for a year
whe you pass your test do your past plus straight away as most insurers class it as a years NCB - or they used to anyway.
after a years worth of driving round in a banger you will have earned a bit of insurance discount and will be able to spend some money on a decent car

probably not what you want to hear but i dont see the point in paying £3-400 a month in insurance for a pimped out 1.2 clio / corsa etc

Welcome mate, this might seem abit biased but I would really recommend a Saxo, they are cheap to buy parts for and are rather easy to fix yourself tbh. They are great for teaching you about your car and how it works.

If you do it right you can make them not look chavvy and rather clean, although this is the same with any car. If you want any info about interior and exterior styling, engine mods let me know.

Just a quick note though, you said you prefer the "drifting" side of things, that is one thing yu wont be doing in your first car im afraid mate. I know people who have tried the handbrake turns and what not and totaled there car because of it. If thats what you want, maybe buy a second car as a project and work on that, so its for off road use only. Other than that you wont get any decent "drift" car until your at least 21 im afriad.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back