Newbie!! =] Mazda owner!

LIL MIZ MAZ

Car
Mazda 323
Hey all! im a newbie! Im a bit of a Mazda fan.. i hav 3 at the moment..
all 323's... have 2 BG5P's (1989 and 1991) and a BHALP 1995 that im about to sell...
Ive just finished doing up the 1995 and it looks pretty mint now.. got it from a repo a while ago it looked like #!#!#!#! to say the least. tehe...
anywho..

...Im more into the older 323's around 1989.. Im going to spend a lil money on one of the BG's after i sell the BH =]... might ground the cams to 270 degrees.....
note that all my cars are NA =]

Last edited:
Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

3 Mazdas, you are an addict then! Tell us what are your plans for your cars?

Tell us a bit about yourself and where you're from? What is the tuning scene like over there in New Zealand?

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

tcsmileysign.gif

haha well... its pretty average.. always races and drifting and drag racing.. haha lots of illegal ones too.. and the real common cars to do up are Nissans like laurels, silvias, skylines, cefiros and also wrx's, caldinas, rx2s,rx3s, rx4s, etc up to rx8s. etc etc.. and on the rare occasion a 323 haha .. and they are usually turbo like the gtx, and gtr.. everyone over here likes to turbo their cars.. im not really into that so much haha..

I know... and it goes on every week.. drifting and drag racing...
they are so against it over here that when a police officer sees a slightly modified he keeps a close eye or just pulls it up for the sake of it. but i must say.. Ive never even been pulled over in the checkpoints let alone driving along. =D.. 4 years of driving from 15years to almost 19yrs old =].. touch wood haha

Hey there, my brother lives in NZ. Funny he also used to drive a Mazda 323. He's not into tuning though, drives a reliable Camry, probably slowly and properly, haha. There will not be an end to the drag & drift street scene anytime soon, so why don't the powers that be allocate designated areas, like unused areports etc, or better yet, we should get private airport owners to allow closed groups to play. That way misbehavors can be exciled.....Sorry I'm rambling, but why soup up your car if you can't race or drag anywhere against your friends ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey..
hehe thats alright...
there are a few places because your allowed to use the race tracks.. and for drag racing your allowed in meremere... but the thing is that you have to pay... =[ .... so then everyone that cant afford to pay 40 per race plus expenses.. doesnt even think about the tracks and just do it wherever. .. and with the drifting an all.. my gosh when i was younger i went with some friends and there were sooo many cops! but i wont be doing that ever again.. that was when i was 15..=]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see this thread getting into territory that we do not want to cover.

Please note that we cannot condone street racing and street drifting. Any posts that appear to promote these will be removed or edited.

We don't want the young and inexperienced to get the idea that street racing is fun and not extremely dangerous and frought with problems. :)

Hi Wayne, no no don't get me wrong, I was definately not even hinting towards street racing, just expressing a wish, that there were more venues where petrolheads can get together legally. I specifically noted that ruffians can then be controlled or expelled. Maybe someone can come up with a great idea how such meets can be arranged, or where people are already doiing it successfully. We have a speed and sound magazine in South Africa where such meetings are held under very strict regulation. They are too far apart though. Maybe something like different bike clubs here do, each in their own towns?

I must admit to having a dream "however daft it may sound" that we could somehow LEGALLY shut off the M25 for two races say every 4 years! ;)

One for the pro's in their all singing all dancing works specials, and one for the ardent enthusiast who belongs to a bonafide car club and willing to pay a fee for the novelty of being able to go flat out legally around what could be the longest greatest track in the world. Drivers "experienced and novice" and car manufacturers the world over would make this an event which in my opinion would be the envy of the motoring world! :bigsmile:

If it happens, remember where you heard the suggestion first, and if it does not happen, I can just carry on dreaming! :lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back