Fuel prices in 2011

misenthrop

Torque Junkie
Car
Rover Vitesse
What do you guess we will be paying for a litre of fuel over the next year? I think it will end the year around £1.40 a litre!

Does everyone know it will be going up in January by about 3-5 pence a litre?

Why was everyone up in arms when it went past £1.00 but now people are just not all that bothered by it.

And the fact that blocking off the fuel lorries is now classes as an act of terrorism.

I was moving towards that one as well. The anti-terrorism act has made protest much more risky for protestors.

A few months ago a bloke was stopped by police and arrested under the terms of the prevention of terrorism act.

What was he doing? Driving to Luton to attend a peaceful protest against the Afghanistan war.

How can protesting against a war be considered an act of terrorism?

The Government is the bloody terrorist organisation, it appears.

Last edited:
suspect that during 2011 it wont go above gbp1.30-1.35 for unleaded but in 2012 suspect we will see some hefty jumps. solely based on the fact that despites what all the govt's are trying to say about economic demand now picking up very fast - it isnt.

i work in a motorway petrol station and i find it embarrasing sometime at the min our prices are 10p more than off the motorway and our super fuel is 17p more its shocking really it will be well into 1.40+ by easter i think.

yeah services are a rip off for that. theres 2 services close to me, only around 3 or 4 miles apart - one is a rest area from before it was a mway - and this one is about 7p a ltr cheaper than the other one, a moto, last time i looked

i work in a motorway petrol station and i find it embarrasing sometime at the min our prices are 10p more than off the motorway and our super fuel is 17p more its shocking really it will be well into 1.40+ by easter i think.

I bet you get the same moans over and over again, "My tank must be getting bigger" etc...