Wingmirrors wont fold

morganash

Car
VW Bora 1.6 SE
Not a major issue but annoying.. anyone have any ideas for a fix? The mirrors on my Bora have an electrical adjuster knob which works fine in moving the mirror glass angles, but wont move or release the mirrors to fold them in. Thanks.

Ah that explains the missing markings on left of the adjuster knob.. Seems an oversight tho to have wingmirrors with electric glass tilt and heating but no ability to fold in electrically or manually - no ammount of force will budge them. Thanks for that pg.

its not really much of a pain. i think a few folk have tried to fit the folding mirrors from another VAG car but not sure if they ever got it working

electric folding mirrors are only handy when its raining and your on a very tight road
with traffic oncoming, you dont need to get wet if you know what i mean

other than that their only another thing that can go wrong with your car, plus if they do get accidently get blown off, their costly

I'm parked in a carpark so it would have been useful to fold them in now and then when the gaps between cars is narrow. Also for the carwash, oh well it's a small point on a great looking car.

it's no big deal. In tightly parked roads it might be better for them to not be folded anyway. At least that way if there is side swipe by a passing car they'll probably only hit the mirror rather than damaging 3 or four body panels. A folded mirror encourages passing driver to tuck in even tighter.

in Vietnam always fold them in when in the car park as they have a habit of being damaged, but in the UK dont bother.
also, in VN they even steal the glass from the wing mirrors, just prise it off. just a damn annoyance.

They are pretty handy down our way. The "KIDS" have decided it is fun to kick off the wing mirrors of cars. So it's the pavement side people fold in down here, there is little threat from the road side.;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back