Hi, started my new project!!!!

M

moose764

Hi all, I have a mk2 mr2 and thought I would give it a face lift, so have fitted out the rear with a TRD widebody kit, lowered suspension, 17" alloys with low profile tyres, lexus rear light clusters rev 3 rear panel and a carbon rear wing. I have now started to fabricate the front end centred around a bomex front bumper.

I have fabricated the wing and bonnet plugs and as soon as it stops raining I shall make the mould and finish the clamshell front end. Just received projector lights which will be sunken into the wing. Next job will be to take the engine out and have the car sprayed. The roof will be black with flecks of gold and the rest will be orange.

Haven't quite made my mind up whether it will be focus st, lambo or seat orange yet. seats will go away at the same time as car for recovering. They are black leather at the moment but I fancy a change so I will be going for black alcantara with orange stitching. I already have momo steering wheel and gear knob fitted with short shifter.

I will replace clutch timing belt and pulleys and water pump. I found a reconed head on ebay saves a bit of time, Cant wait to finish it to be honest, I miss driving it.

Final touches will be tinted windows and decals, oh! and if I have any change I would like to replace the dash for a digidash called Dash2 to go with the computer that is sunken into the dash in the passenger side, (last years project) which has itunes and navigation all controlled from the centre console by a bmw type controller.

Anyway that's me realizing a dream I have had for a few years.

Regards

Moose

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome Moose, your project sounds really cool. Get to 10 posts then you can upload some pics for us.

I'm really interested to read how your project goes.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back