How much on mods

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How much money are you prepared to spend on mods for your car?

Does the fact that you don't recoup this when you sell bother you much? Do you set a limit and stick to it or do you just buy things as often as you can/need to?

Mods are near enough required modernisation repairs for me so A lot every month :D

i will only get mods for mine when ever they come up as faster bits for mine dont pop up over here that often most of the bits are in the states

and alot of it i think for most people the bits only come up when yu dont have the money

I haven't spent much on the Cab yet but I'm takng it off the road at the end of the month and covering it up. I will be tidying a few bits up over the winter but I may just swap it at some point for something else.

i will only get mods for mine when ever they come up as faster bits for mine dont pop up over here that often most of the bits are in the states

and alot of it i think for most people the bits only come up when yu dont have the money

Can anybody say blown transam and smokey and the bandit blasting out while being chased by UK police :D

Sometimes get a whim to do something, but depends on money available at the time. Not looking to recoup when i sell but if im getting the same type of vehicle again i may swap the original parts back onto it before selling

If by mods you mean anything mechanical being done to the car, then a little,usualy when somthing breaks i take the chance to fit somthing better, when replacing the air filter during a service i found a panel filter tempting. when it comes to replace the camshaft some mild/fast road cams might go in, it doesnt add any significant power on a small car like mine (worked it out, about 15hp, lol !) but it makes the car more individual, and makes it run a bit smoother. i recon this year ive spent less than a couple hundred mainly on bits just to keep it working.

I dont mind about the value loss, i plan to sell to my friends. so ill still get to enjoy it occaisionally.

chased by the police not me i am a good boy :amuse::lol::lol::lol:

but that is one thing that is on the books a blower

But with a blower and if you put that hammer down, you will get ahead.

A police chase will always ensue :D

I tend to look at budget a modification at a time - it scares me if I tally it all up.

Unfortunatly, I am a bit stuck at the moment. There is already stuff I would like to do to the R36, but my 'gap-insurance' policy states the car must stay standard :( :( !!

Additionally, I don't want to run the risk of voiding the Volkswagen Warranty in the first 3 years either.

How much money are you prepared to spend on mods for your car?

Does the fact that you don't recoup this when you sell bother you much? Do you set a limit and stick to it or do you just buy things as often as you can/need to?

Whatever is required :)

Not bothered in the slightest as I will never sell the car.

I'm prepared to spend as much as I need and want to on both of the cars. It's nice to have a budget for modifications thought, even if you don't stick to it :blink: