Newly old Battery -_-

MisterHolaMan

Torque Junkie
Car
none
Alright, so now the battery on my Fiero is from April, but it's already screwing with me. It drains fast, and when I try to have it jumped or charged, it makes the battery lose more juice. I also tried reversing the connections just for kicks, but it sparked. What should I do?

try disconnecting the terminal , either is fine
wait till its dark and reconnect - look for little sparks as the terminal is connected . If you can see them you have an electrical short ( could also be the anti theft device )
If your a D I Y type remove fuses one at a time and repeat the process untill no sparks , this will pin point the circuit you have problems with . From there its a matter of chaseing the wires , the alternative is to see an auto sparky
good luck

Alright, so now the battery on my Fiero is from April, but it's already screwing with me. It drains fast, and when I try to have it jumped or charged, it makes the battery lose more juice. I also tried reversing the connections just for kicks, but it sparked. What should I do?

You reversed the connections? :confused:

Step away from the car and take it to a garage.

Assuming you wont do that...have you let the battery drain down completely at any point? they dont like that and it can #!#!#!#! them basically. Take the little caps off and check you have fluid covering the metal plates inside too, top up with distilled water if its dry to just over the plates

I don't think it's shorted, because the car will do the stuff like lights and the solenoid engages, but it doesn't have enough juice to turn over the engine.

You are lucky you didnt blow up the ecu and other electrical components.

So has the battery gone totally flat at any point then?

Have you checked the battery fluid level?

You are lucky you didnt blow up the ecu and other electrical components.

So has the battery gone totally flat at any point then?

Have you checked the battery fluid level?

I made the reversing terminals sound a lot worse. I reversed the currents while it was out of the car and connected to the charger. I'm pretty sure the battery didn't go completely flat, and fluid is good. I think I found the problem now. When it was on the charger, it did charge, but the gauge said it didn't, so it's just a wacked out gauge. After charging it I reconnected it, and it now turns over, but I'll need new spark plugs for tomorrow. I used some ether in it, but it didn't do enough.:mad: