Best Audi ever made

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
This is actually quite a tough one to decide. Which is the best car Audi ever made?

The 80's rally bred Quattro is a real monster, the new R8 is an awesome supercar and the RS6 is the ultimate sleeper. I know there are others and feel free to add your own suggestions but my top pick has to be the R8.

I give my vote for this -
rac061g_p2.jpg

Audi S1

imo audi has made a brilliant car in every class over the decades!!!
and to pic 1 is impossible!!!
but for the sake of it heres my top few

for performance and looks the r8 beats much more expensive cars hands down

for the ultimate sleeper already mentioned the rs6 but will say i like the rs4 almost as much

for 1 of the best 4x4's the q7 is only 2nd to the range rover for on road performance and looks mainly (not for off road capabilities)

the new tt i love looks wise and think its like the poor mans higher spec car eg r8 (but i would be proud to drive 1 unlike the x3 = x5, boxster = 911 which i would put in the same class if you get my drift???)

and for retro cool the quattro will take some beating
but if you have the money the swb dialynx quattro looks so much nicer imo!!!

the s3 yet again imo 1 of the nicest hot hatches in both style and performance

ok i admit it i like audi's but who in there right mind wouldn't???

ok i admit it i like audi's but who in there right mind wouldn't???

Me. I like the R8, Quattro and S1, but the newer Audi's bore the life out of me. No character, too common, too German.

Whilst I apprectiate their engineering and quality merits, I just wouldn't buy any modern Audi. (apart from the R8, but I can't afford one so it doesn't count!). Not for me but if you like em Herb there's nout wrong with that ;)

Me. I like the R8, Quattro and S1, but the newer Audi's bore the life out of me. No character, too common, too German.

Whilst I apprectiate their engineering and quality merits, I just wouldn't buy any modern Audi. (apart from the R8, but I can't afford one so it doesn't count!). Not for me but if you like em Herb there's nout wrong with that ;)

I agree with everything you say here except 1 thing.
I do like the R8 but I wouldn't ever buy 1. I just wouldn't be able to part with that amount of cash for an Audi.

I would have to say the original Quattro purely because the engineers took an old military 4WD system and adapted it for a road car and the Quattro was born. It came quietly into rallying and changed it overnight, the HSR Chevette and Lotus Sunbeams at that time were just starting to dominate then bam! 4WD finished them off. Only offroad vehicles were associated with 4WD, Audi brought it to a road car and made it fashionable and a safety feature.

I would have to say the original Quattro purely because the engineers took an old military 4WD system and adapted it for a road car and the Quattro was born. It came quietly into rallying and changed it overnight, the HSR Chevette and Lotus Sunbeams at that time were just starting to dominate then bam! 4WD finished them off. Only offroad vehicles were associated with 4WD, Audi brought it to a road car and made it fashionable and a safety feature.

VW Iltis, if i remember remember right...

dont forget the s2 and the s2 avant:D
and i get what you are saying but arent all modern cars the same??

yep i like even the modern audis ok they are heavy, common, quite dull on there looks and basically just a vw
but what i like is they are well equipped comfortable and the performance models can beat supercars :D

I agree with everything you say here except 1 thing.
I do like the R8 but I wouldn't ever buy 1. I just wouldn't be able to part with that amount of cash for an Audi.
but would you part with the money for a audi sorry i mean bugatti
or a fiat oops again i meant ferrari :amuse:
mate i honestly thought better of you!! that is just blatant snobbery a good car is a good car no matter what badge it has on it!!!!!!!!

i rather pick SR4 quatto, awesome car, i have been sit in tht car, comfort n good handling n good performace, IF i were RICH like millionaire, i pick R8 :)

I loved my old 10v UR-Quattro. (1985 model with about 270bhp after TSR had helped to port the head, dialynx manifold, chip and the coolest Scorpion exhaust)

Regretted selling her - but, hey i was 21 and stupid. Would be worth a load of money now

This is still the best fun car i have ever driven and i have driven a lot of motors. The rawness, lack of help from fancy electronics, pathetic brakes and sloppy gearbox makes you just love it!

I have a newer A6 4.2 now, and although it is comfortable and fun on long journeys (a real mile eater), it lacks soul. Something many cars lack these days

Last edited:
r8 if i happend to win the lotto, but rs6 and quattro is probaly the only ones i d fork out to buy. dont find that i say i gotta have one. know what i mean ?

IMO,the only one I'd have is the one my friend has just taken delivery of.The RS6+.He's had it sprayed a one off LAMBORGHINI BLUE,and fitted with carbon ceramic brakes.It happens to be the only one in the country atm as well.

Oh,he's a LOTTO millionaire btw.;)

think it needs some 20"s with 325's.

I reckon its because they need to keep all the wheels identical in size. if they have narrower fronts to rear, it may upset the quattro handling.

Also, size like that on front would create some nasty camber steer ... well on our crappy roads anyway.

Some bright spark of a tuning house will do whats right!

i do not have any Audi car, but if I got a choice to select or own any of the Audi without thinking of money then I would like to go for Audi R8.

I will say the original quattro (but that wont surprise anyone )

A few comments
the r8 is a very nice looking car but you can hardly say it is faster than more expensive cars without mentioning there is a much cheaper car available with better perfomance.
Cant be the rs4 because the engines clog up after quite low mileage on a regular basis.

As an obvipus fan of fast sleeper estates the rs6 needs a mention and probably comes a good second to the oringinal quattro.

For me first is almost always best.

I'm sure they will be cheaper as they age. It brings some interesting possibilities doesn't it? A 20 year old project R8 could be fun, if we still have gasolene then that is?