Clio Owners introduce yourselves here.

Rite got myself a clio 1.6 and wondering what to do to it to beef it up (performance wise). Any good and economical suggestions?

Just got myself a 1.1 clio 2001, my first car so insurance is the reason for the small engine. But after next summer il be back from a tour of afghan with a bit of cash to play with so guna try and find a williams.

I wish you all the best with that. The Williams are pretty rare. Post up some pics when you find one.

i have a renault clio 1.4 all colour coded, if any one could give me ideas and tips on how to get the most from my motor i be great full. thanks. have a look i dare you lol

Thanks for the welcome fellas - in answer, all I've done so far is replace the panel filter with a K&N standard. It instantly made the engine sound smoother but any extra bhp can only be a fools hope lol. However I have plans for track days, so I shall be purchasing a new piper induction kit and some brembo front breaks - although the brakes seem awesome anyway, so I may not change those.

I shall post photos soon as I intend to tinker!

hi guys i have a clio! currently under construction :p but will need help soon on an engine conversion :idea: getting the bodywork done now! wont be long before she's sprayed :bigsmile:

Hi, wow, we even have our own section in here.

Newbie here. I am the owner of a track prepared clio 182. Had it since day one in 04. Has a few subtle modifications along the way. Still puts a smile on my face when it's being driven hard.

Steviant

Hi clio owners, i've got a clio rs 1.6, and im lookin' to install an amp and a couple of subs on it .......just dont know were to put the subs. Lol

heyy all new to the forum, im current drivin the new Clio GT VVT 128, so far my mods have been, lowered 45mm, JL AUDIO System, K&N Induction kit, Got it re-map (Racing Chip)

next mods:
1. De-wiper
2. De-Badge
3. Full Exhaust System
So on so forth

Many Thanks Matt:p

I have a Renault Clio 1.2 16v MkII 51 plate...
Currently I have upgraded the sound in my car which is pretty sick and i now want to start on the appearance. The car is completely stock apart from the sound!
I am planning on getting new alloys, HID lights and tinting the windows. Just the generic 'pimping'.
But I will need quite a lot of help on the way!

welcome
please stay away from conversion kit HIDs youll do nothing but blind other drivers if you want HIDs see if the 172 or 182 had then as standard

yup and thats the problem people go ohh my lights are poor so i will buy Hids.
the reflectors in halogen lights are designed for halogen bulbs. the Hids give a different pattern. it DOES NOT matter if you have projectors as they are still designed for halogen bulbs. the only correct HID bulb is the D2 design

MA is slightly wrong they are legal but they need to be self levelling (not the manual switch on the dash), have headlight washers and be in the correct enclosure.

as i said have alook and see if any clios came with HIDs as standard and get them. then you will need to get a self levelling motors and sensors, headlight washers.

or just buy decent bulbs. im currently using nightbreakers and find them to be very good compared to what was fitted as standard (Hdi will back me up on this that the VW H4 bulbs are crap )
im also wanting to convert to Hids however so few ever came from the factory im looking at around £500 for the parts, 2nd hand. if i was to walk into VW id be looking at around £1500

Hi,

Just bought a clio 1.2 last week for my first car, pretty much box standard except the radio in it.

Haven't got insurance yet and I'm already looking at modding forums, haha.

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

while your looking at insurance add some mods to the policy and see what they are like before you actually do them to the car and find that they add a whack to your insurance

Yes thanks.

I don't plan on modding it just yet aside from maybe debadging and 1 whiper.

This car will be for me to play with when my insurance goes down and I can afford something bigger and better. :)

Hey Guys

I drive a Clio 197. Current mods are a full decat freeflow exhaust and a RS Tuning Remap. Still want to do some more engine mods, just unfortunate that renault went all out to prevent the 197 to be turbocharged or supercharged :(. Really a very sad story indeed. only things lined up now is cosmetic changes.

Hi guys,

I'm new here and been thinking of tinkering performance wise with my clio. She is good as it is, but lacking in the lower rev ranges? Any ideas?? I have been looking at forced induction but I haven't seen anything for a clio 3 sport? Not even sure if it is possible?

Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Hi guys,

I'm new here and been thinking of tinkering performance wise with my clio. She is good as it is, but lacking in the lower rev ranges? Any ideas?? I have been looking at forced induction but I haven't seen anything for a clio 3 sport? Not even sure if it is possible?

I think most go down the supercharger route with Clio's.
Have a browse here.