NEW MODS on my scoob

STI SCOOB

Hi peeps
Addin more mods this w/end to my newage blobeye sti had a nightmare with flat4online recommend steering well clear of this joker if your after parts just check out his feedback on other forums says it all just wish l did b4 ordering from him eventually got my money back:bigsmile: only coz l raised a dispute with paypal just a warning anyway
mods so far
1-md321h turbo
2-uprated f/pump
3-highflow cat downpipe
4-performance friction f/discs z rated pads all round
5-goodridge braided brakelines+dot5.1 fluid
6-performance pulleys
7-induction kit
8-front support brace
9-then remapped at zen/ ecutek
car runs good bit laggy up to 3500rpm then boosts all way up to redline expect lag with bigger turbo not keen on under bonnet temps though definatly contributes to the lag giving 340bhp
So ordered 3"cat back nurspec r exhaust from revolution247 +denso iridium sparks+ceramic coated gtspec headers up pipe from lateral also k&n short ram enclosed induction+fuellab fpr & oil catch can then remap
jollygreen monster only prob is have to stay off boost till 1 april earliest l can get on rollers and remapped ill post figures & performance when done!
hoping for 370+ :D we will see !!

Thanks for the warning. Good work there, you've been quite busy. I do hope you hit your power figure. You really should think about a better intercooler, that should make a fair difference with your setup;)

A front mounted Intercooler wont make as much difference as you think, more so how the engine performs. It does knock the bhp up but only ever so slightly as the intercooler will cool the air meaning more oxygen in the same space allowing the ecu to throw more fuel in, hence where the extra power comes from.

If I were you, unless your gonna go way over the 400bhp mark, dont buy anything other than than an aftermarket bonnet scoop seal. It replaces the crappy rubber thing that comes as standard and basilcally sits inside the outer edge of the top mounted intercooler forcing all the air that comes in the scoop through the intercooler creating a better ram air effect than what a front mounted would have (due to the front mounted not getting every bit of air passed through it) This also helps keep the air around the turbo a little cooler aswell ;)

I bought one of these for mine and just from the RR session we had at my Local tuning expert, they do make a considerable difference to the temp of the air :)

Bad63r is busy with a new baby at the moment. I'm sure he will get back to you on this.

Hello again pal. Sorry for not getting back sooner ;) Right yes there is a perfect company I used many of time that started out tuning Subaru's. The company is Revolution Performance Motorstore. They really know there stuff and have a great helpline if you want to know any fiddly bit about your engine/car.

Heres a link to the main page of the site. Have a look around, you may find you'll spend more than you wanted to like me lmao.

http://www.revolution247.com/erol.html

Also as it's a bit wierd to navigate round, heres the link to the Scooby Tuning section./ Simply select your model and look at the mods available. The Scoop Seals I was refering to are in the "Engine" section of your model ;)

Hope this helps mate ;)

http://www.revolution247.com/subaru-68458-0.html

I had to send my Scooby to Scoobyclinic, they are very good and usually only play with Scoobies but they are crap when it come to prices. I was quoted £190 for a new ECU and have the remapped program transfered over. Got the work done then when I travelled the 100 miles to get it back they landed a new price of £280 on me and I couldn't do anything about it as I couldn't get home without the car. So stay well away from the robbing ba**ards. Plus Revolution have been doing it longer than Scoobyclinic and have a far wider reputation as one of the best inhouse tuners and Modification sellers.

They have a wicked meet at there factory twice a year thats well worth attending. Oh and before I forget, dont expect your suspension to be as stiff as it was when you drop it off at Scoobyclinic as it has a nasty bumpy dirt road leading up to it as it's on a farm lmao and when they test your car they DO give it some. Hope that points you in the right direction ;)

I had to send my Scooby to Scoobyclinic, they are very good and usually only play with Scoobies but they are crap when it come to prices. I was quoted £190 for a new ECU and have the remapped program transfered over. Got the work done then when I travelled the 100 miles to get it back they landed a new price of £280 on me and I couldn't do anything about it as I couldn't get home without the car. So stay well away from the robbing ba**ards. Plus Revolution have been doing it longer than Scoobyclinic and have a far wider reputation as one of the best inhouse tuners and Modification sellers.

They have a wicked meet at there factory twice a year thats well worth attending. Oh and before I forget, dont expect your suspension to be as stiff as it was when you drop it off at Scoobyclinic as it has a nasty bumpy dirt road leading up to it as it's on a farm lmao and when they test your car they DO give it some. Hope that points you in the right direction ;)

I'm sorry I have to dissagree. I know many people that go to Scoobyclinic and all have been very impressed with the service they offer. They don't just do Scooby's at all. They have a range of jap and euro cars there as well and a TVR Cerbera with a mad Skyline engine Transplant. They also regulary enter TOTB and have also won some of the events. Yes they are on a farm and there is a short gravel path but thats scooby territory anyway it will not harm your suspension. When you took your car did they have to do more work than intended? And they will only take your car out on a run if you ask them too.

never personaly used scoobyclinic but i have only hurd good things with them. i do aggreewith turbo

Hi peeps
Addin more mods this w/end to my newage blobeye sti had a nightmare with flat4online recommend steering well clear of this joker if your after parts just check out his feedback on other forums says it all just wish l did b4 ordering from him eventually got my money back:bigsmile: only coz l raised a dispute with paypal just a warning anyway
mods so far
1-md321h turbo
2-uprated f/pump
3-highflow cat downpipe
4-performance friction f/discs z rated pads all round
5-goodridge braided brakelines+dot5.1 fluid
6-performance pulleys
7-induction kit
8-front support brace
9-then remapped at zen/ ecutek
car runs good bit laggy up to 3500rpm then boosts all way up to redline expect lag with bigger turbo not keen on under bonnet temps though definatly contributes to the lag giving 340bhp
So ordered 3"cat back nurspec r exhaust from revolution247 +denso iridium sparks+ceramic coated gtspec headers up pipe from lateral also k&n short ram enclosed induction+fuellab fpr & oil catch can then remap
jollygreen monster only prob is have to stay off boost till 1 april earliest l can get on rollers and remapped ill post figures & performance when done!
hoping for 370+ :D we will see !!

Had scoob remapped today ecutek j,g,m surrey rolling rd well happy with result unable to post grath at mo ! she maxed out @ 379.4 hp @1.5 bar 340ftlb :bigsmile: highly recommend simon roe aka jolly green monster top bloke