citreon dispatch 1.9d wont start help

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
well the strangest thing happened today i got to the yard this morning and the van was fine went to the cafe came back and the van wouldn't start :confused:
now in all honesty i have no idea in the slightest about diesels but the battery is fine the glow plug light was coming on then going off i checked the fuses but 1 thing i did notice was a noise coming from 1 of the relays near the ecu that wasnt there before so can a relay on a diesel completely stop it from starting and make this happen in the space of 10 minuets????
any help will be very much appreciated!!!!

Re: citreon dispatch 1.9hdi wont start help

yup i woulld think so.

might be one of the fuel pumps, common rail will have 2 - low and high pressure. or the injectors themselves.
hopefully hdi will have mor einfo for you as the peugot and citroens share the engines

yup i woulld think so.

might be one of the fuel pumps, common rail will have 2 - low and high pressure. or the injectors themselves.
hopefully hdi will have mor einfo for you as the peugot and citroens share the engines

cheers for that mate any info is appreciated cause my gaffer is pancaking thinking its going to cost him loads

its not the immobiliser kicking in is it ?
battery in the keyfob

no mate no immobilizer just a normal key to open the doors and start the van this was my first question to my gaffer
but thanks for the input :bigsmile:

hi mate i worked on citroens for a while they are common for the wiring harness's to rub threw.if you follow the main wiring harness from the ecu to the engine,it usually rubs threw right next to the high pressure pump.you will see on the outer shielding where it has been rubbing.anyone with a bit of mechanical knowlage will be able to sort it mate.

hi mate i worked on citroens for a while they are common for the wiring harness's to rub threw.if you follow the main wiring harness from the ecu to the engine,it usually rubs threw right next to the high pressure pump.you will see on the outer shielding where it has been rubbing.anyone with a bit of mechanical knowlage will be able to sort it mate.
cheers for that mate i will check every possibility listed tomorrow :bigsmile:

The 1.9 was not an HDi engine. Can you check ths please as it makes quite a difference to the problem and its resolution.

The 1.9 was not an HDi engine. Can you check ths please as it makes quite a difference to the problem and its resolution.
hi mate i definitely know its just a 1.9d and not the turbo version and it has a hdi badge on the rear thats my vast knowledge of this van :embarrest: sorry if this dosent help mate

There has never been an HDi without a turbo and there has never been a 1.9 HDi so lets assume it's the XUD unit.

There is a single electrical connection to the fuel pump. This is used to inhibit fuel flow so that the engine stops when key is switched off. This is the only way to stop a mechanically injected diesel engine.

I'd start looking there first

There has never been an HDi without a turbo and there has never been a 1.9 HDi so lets assume it's the XUD unit.

There is a single electrical connection to the fuel pump. This is used to inhibit fuel flow so that the engine stops when key is switched off. This is the only way to stop a mechanically injected diesel engine.

I'd start looking there first
cheers for that mate i will tell my gaffer this and the other suggestions as he rang me a little while ago and said his mechanic mate is coming to look at the van tomorrow

Did he find out what it was?
well the van got fixed and delivered to me on site but my gaffer had no idea what his mate did
doh.gif
will have to find out though
and hdi fun was right the van isnt a hdi ive no idea why i was so sure it had a hdi badge on the back but it hasnt :embarrest:
sorry.gif

and please note the title edit
rolleyes_whistle.gif

i asked my gaffer again today and he said something to do with a fuel pump sorry this is the best description i could get out of him