A5 owners say hello

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you are one of our A5 owners drop a hello in here and tell us about your car and where you are from?

hi S5 owner (white) full body kit and 20" vossens now it does seriously look the part---proper likal head turner. gettin my new exhaust fitted soon any 1 heard of CKS performance in watford ide like any comments if so cheers boys.

That sounds nice. Do post up some pics when you get to 10 posts. How does it handle on 20's? Not heard of CKS, I do rate Miltek exhausts though. Is it a custom exhaust you are getting?

hi m8, no its enhancement, the milteks i have heard on youtube but i must admit the capistro are the best sound, though they are expensive, i was quoted 3-5 thousand euro :sad2:

yo wayne, any meetings up north or in my radar, im up for it, just keep me posted, i might even let u av a likal go, wot u drivin at the min m8- lol ;)

wayne, with regards to the milteks, are you aware of any suppliers and fitters , you know where im from, but i will travel, coz i cancelled my appointment in watford with CKS dur to road conditions and i havent booked another date as yet, cheers bud ;)

We'll be having meets around the country, the trouble is getting them started. Once we have had a few and they are supported it will be easier to organise. If you are planning on going to a show then post it up in meets and we can all get together at the show.

I've still got my A3 1.8T Sport and love it to bits (not literally hopefully!)

Are you anywhere near Awesome GTI in manchester, I think it would be worth talking to them.

i got sorted with the exhaust m8 thers 1 right on my doorstep in gateshead called revolution only 6 miles so im in 4 a fit nxt thursday cheers happy motorin.

Nope, wife comes first then the car is a close second.;) I wouldn't be without the wife but I probably could live without the car.

wayne, i bin reading previous threads, can you explain what remaping is as you kno my S5 gets the miltek nxt thurs wot is it and how much are the going rates has it got to be done at the same time b4 or after, cheers bud

a remap changes the chararistics of the standard fueling map of the car,
your A5 what is it ? a turbo engine, petrol or diesel, makes a big difference. think around 30 bhp and a shed load of torque if its a diesel as well.
if its a nasp engine its not much of a point unless theres alot already been done to the engine. you might see around 8-10bhp

If you are one of our A5 owners drop a hello in here and tell us about your car and where you are from?

Hi obi,
I just purchased a Black 2011 Audi A5 Quattro Hatch Auto. First Audi, great drive,but 2 codes to fix.P17E000 and P179D000. I am currently trying to identify the parts required to fix these problems but any help would be appreciated.
I am originally from Llandaff Cardiff in the UK but emigrated to Oz back in 1992.
Being a mechanic, I have built motorcycles from scratch, but not cars.Hopefully i can get this Audi fixed up and use it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited:
Good to hear from you @ozzynick

First things I'd check are
  • Check fuse(s)
  • Check the vehicle Earth is well connected
  • Check/Repair Wiring/Connector(s)
  • Replace faulty Control Module - when you know which one it is.

P189A is a clutch clearance too low error But I can't find the error codes you list unfortunately but it could just be your fault code reader is formatting them wrongly or not converting from Hex to Decimal.

The list of error codes I use is over here http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Fault_Codes&pagefrom=19499/P3043/012355#mw-pages

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back