Annoying passengers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do passengers do in your car that winds you up?

For me it is fiddling with the radio, eating and talking. I might make up a sign of rules for passengers to avoid any future confusion or misunderstanding. :lol:

The biggest thing for me is when you have a passenger that decides to bring food or drink into your vehicle without making sure its ok. I personally don't allow it, spent way to many hours and money cleaning up the mess when some idiot drops a soda or something. The next is singing along with the radio, that one is almost as bad.

Eat and don't clean up afterwards, fiddle with the radio, can't stop talking when I'm trying to listen to something and once a passenger of mine ripped the handbrake and then I just lost it, stopped and threw him out of the car and drove away

putting mc donalds drinks (unfinished) in the pockets in the back of my seats!!

Bringing their own CDs to listen to because my music taste isn't "cool"

Breaking 1 of my rear seat belts then having a go at me saying it doesn't work!!

always demanding the music is on at FULL BLAST

grrrrrr

smoking big no no, my dads a smoker but he now knows not to smoke in the car.
leaving rubbish lying around

Yeah, I've got a friend like this, or rather he used to be. Why is it that smokers get halfway through the process of lighting up before asking "You don't mind if I......?". Well yes actually matey boy I do! Exit friend in a big girly sulk.

As others have said, I just HATE anyone playing with controls on the dashboard, even their half of the twin-zone climate control. It's not the presumption I mind but they always pick a point where I'd rather not be distracted to start ****ing around (I hope my wife's reading this! Yes YOU, Ruth).

Of course, just HAVING a passenger of the calibre of my wife is annoying in its own right - why can't they get the bus or buy their own bloody car? Actually, I think I know the answer to the last bit - I'd end up paying for it.

She recently tried out one of these 'She-Wee' ladies urinals in the car whilst I was cruising through Thetford Forest on the A11 - of course it meant a wet passenger seat, but then, I kinda guessed it would. Even more annoyingly, the next filling station had toilets!

She recently tried out one of these 'She-Wee' ladies urinals in the car whilst I was cruising through Thetford Forest on the A11 - of course it meant a wet passenger seat, but then, I kinda guessed it would. Even more annoyingly, the next filling station had toilets!

Hope you had it valeted heh.

lucky I dont take passengers on my bike. :toung:

but saying that, I dont have a radio to mess around with, only the Ipod in my pocket, and no AC, or mess to clear up, well, 'part from the mess in my trousers when someone pulls out on me and I have to either swerve or break violently. nearly been into the back of a dented golf the other day, the entire or the left side was dented in like the woman slid the car into a wall sideways or just creamed it along a barrier.

will probably be a different story If I pass my test next week.

but then again, when I get a car its not going to have much in the form of carpets or luxurys as it will be a stripped out track toy.

(civic 1.6 or 1.8 vtec pushing out 220 bhp and weighing as little as poss, aiming for under a tonne)

Oh, I forgot smoking. I hate when people smoke in a car. I can't stand the smoke. And the same goes to other kind of tobacco, nobody uses any kind of tobacco in my car what so ever...

Opening windows without asking permission winds me up! Why bother in a car with a fully working and very effective climate control setup. I wish I could disable the front passenger door window switch in the same way as I can the rear ones.

All the other things wind me up, too. I am a smoker yet I don't smoke in my car, or anyone elses. Eating and leaving the detritus all over the seats and rubbish in the door bins will render you liable to a severe b.....king, perhaps followed by a long walk home.

I hate it when passengers fiddle with everything, smoke, touch the stereo (it's my car so I'll listen to what I b****y well want!), put greasy finger prints everywhere, choose very bad times to reach for things (for example when I'm changing gear someone will reach down by the gear stick), complain about everything and tell me how to drive (now that really winds me up!).

Opening windows without asking permission winds me up! Why bother in a car with a fully working and very effective climate control setup. I wish I could disable the front passenger door window switch in the same way as I can the rear ones.

unplug the cable from the switch there side and 'claim' "Oh, yeah that just stopped working the other day" ?

then only you have control over all the windows. (If you have the 4 switches on your door?)

I can control all four from the drivers door switch console. It's not as simple as disconnecting the switch as it's a multiplex wired car. The switches and controls just send out control requests to the BSI ECU and it acts upon them.

The windows winds me up too! You have the aircon going and someone in the back decides to wind down the window then when you hit the duel carraigeway you get that throbbing noise.

Wezzel - I have friends which supply me with music that is generally bad. I refuse to play it now! My Car. Im in charge (just 2 more posts then I can PM you mate!)

Yeh well I demanded to have my own CD on today. Another thing that annoys me, people that put things on the dash board that will fall over e.g. an OPEN CAN OF BEER! GRRR! made a puddle in the dash board!

Then, all the spilt drink actually rusted away at my amplifier power cable where it joins the fuse, and this is only a 3 month old set up!!

I know - what kind of f...wit would perch a drink can anywhere in a moving car. Even the cup holders so beloved of a whole generation of user-choosers don't really work. Fine for holding a capped water bottle or such, but no use for a Starbucks coffee unless you're proposing driving at no more than four miles-per-hour and less than 1/4 of that in any kind of deviation from the straight ahead.

I hate open rear windows, you always get that buffeting blustering business. So much more refined to sit in controlled air conditioned comfort, with little extraneous noise to interfere with ones choice of music or radio station.

i have to have the window down, i hate been warm in a car
so when someone tells me put up my window, it pisses me off
ive found a cure to that though, put the window down fully and drive fastter

i dont mind smoking as long as they throw the butt out the window
i hate the ashtrays been used

and eating food in my car is a no no, i eat, but i also clean the car so if i make a mess, its ok

The oldies telling me to slow down for corners gets really annoying - my mother is a classic for this. If we go around a corner at anymore than about 30mph she'll start screaming.

Its just a total waste of fuel. If im doing 50 and I can see the bend is clear - i'll happily do 50 around it.

No one has really mentioned back seat drivers or just as bas front seat drivers lol. And my mums the same when cornering lol. Some one i had in my car once when i was at college she was one of the worst for just complaining. the musics too loud, Its too hot (you open a window) its too cold, she doesn't like the smell of the fast food i had for tea the night before, doesn't like my choice in music and screams when you go around a corner or round about at anything over 20mph. Also was on an A road and if i went 2 miles an hour over the limit she started to complain i drive too fast. Well she hasn't been in the car since :bigsmile:. Another one if people giving you directions (its fine as i have a terrible sence of direction) but its how they do it. One of my best mates she likes saying go that way, at the roadabout go that way. WHAT WAY IS THAT WAY!!!! lol then you get the well i was pointing. not something you notice when looking at the road. Also the sentance not that way the other way get anoying. apart form that its all good lol :lol:

I HATE back seat drivers, get them all the time

Every time someone new gets in my car, I tell them "Right, while I'm driving, at no point can you say 'My friend died on this road so slow down', I'm not your effing friend and I know the limits of my car' - I genuinely do say that lol

And the people that tell you to turn left, as you are going past the frigging turning!! Yes, because I can just immediately turn left when I am going 50 down a country lane!

Yeah - actually directions annoy me too. Firstly my girlfriend reguarly confuses left and right, which is pretty important when giving directions. Secondly you can come to a roundabout with about 6 exits and be told to 'go left' which leaves you open to guess which of the exists on the 'left' she means.

More annoying is her mother and grandparents who insist on directing me when I have sat-nav switched on. The conversation generally goes "do you know where we're going".. to which i'll reply "no, but i've got sat-nav on - so it doesn't matter"... which means i'll get instructions like "you need to be in the left lane now".. and "its the next on the right"..... THEN it gets even worse... when sat-nav decides to go on the motorway because its quicker (her parents and grandparents are alergic to the motorway as it means exceeding 50mph) - so they'll then insist im going the wrong way or more often *a stupid way*.

Then they get really upset when I tell them all to shut up or walk!

Oh, and my nan firmly believes that she's a better driver than me - despite having not driven for nearly 20 years.

yeah, backseat drivers suck... personally tho, i love when people say "turn left here" as you're pretty much on top of the road, cut the wheel, rip the e-brake (as long as nothings coming) pin it, drift around, and pull on the road, im telling you, they give you notice long before the next turn :D

lmao.. can your wife drift? would be interesting, as well, may be easier to get the wifey to let you buy more performance parts without much hassle.. and maybe hook her up with some :twisted::idea::twisted:

she used to drift but since the pontiac is FWD don't do it so much. the parts aren't an issue she loves going fast, i just have to balance the cost of four kids with the cost of parts.

A wife with hidden talents eh! I bet she's not told you she has a pro rally licence as well and is waiting for an opportunity to scare you witless.

How about passengers that get scared everytime you go over 30 mph? I had a friend that got scared because I was driving at 60 mph (on a country lane). Her excuse for getting scared was because there were cars on the other side of the road!

How about passengers that get scared everytime you go over 30 mph? I had a friend that got scared because I was driving at 60 mph (on a country lane). Her excuse for getting scared was because there were cars on the other side of the road!

Friend of mine hates me driving, shes constantly scared that for no reason the car is going to lose grip in a turn and crash.

Course, I dont drive like a muppet, but this does make me swing it into corners more. Shes sort of getting used to it now. Scare it into em, you know.

Funny thing is she drives like I do when I'm in the passenger seat anyway.

One thing that really winds me up are fruit eaters. Even an apply makes a massive mess of the windows and interiors. I have also banned drinks and button pressers.