Land Rover 53 Suspension, Please Help !

coop08

Car
Citroen Saxo 1.1i
Hello, my grandfather is a farmer, he has a 53 plate land rover and is complaining about the ride in it, he says it is far too ' rocky'.

From what he is explaining it sounds like the shocks arent operating properly, to cure this would it be best to get gas shocks ?

Can anyone show me a good website or let me know the best way to solve this.

Many Thanks, Ben Cooper.

Hi ben and welcome to TorqueCars, nice to have you along. The suspension on landys can be a bit "bouncy" this is down to the shocks so some uprated shocks would help. I can recommend overfinch who can turn a landrover into a really nice handling car.

Well, we at the SAR unit here have 2 modified rovers and they shake a bit. If you want it to stop shaking than that can take a lot of work and money. The Rovers both have uprated suspension to take the 44" tires but it still doesn't ride completely smooth but there is allways a possibility to make it handle better.

he says that it is excessive bouncing, as though every rock in the road can be felt by the suspension, i have found a set of 4 gas shocks on eBay, for 120 gbp deliverd, is this worth the money and how much difference will it make?

Adjustable ones would be much better. Ive heard that hybrid gas and oil shocks are pretty good.

Make sure they are specifically for your landrover model. Lots of cheap kits claim to fit a wide range of models but with engine weight differences this is just not possible.

See if you can get some Koni, Bilstein or Tein shocks for it - I rate these for quality.

Well, we at the SAR unit here have 2 modified rovers and they shake a bit. If you want it to stop shaking than that can take a lot of work and money. The Rovers both have uprated suspension to take the 44" tires but it still doesn't ride completely smooth but there is allways a possibility to make it handle better.

have they got mog axles or the body/suspension mounts adjusted?

Well the whole undercarriage has been modified, with new stearing, suspention and the axles are modded so the wheels don't stick straight out from it but the axle looks kind of like an L at the ends.

Is this a discovery?

Hello, my grandfather is a farmer, he has a 53 plate land rover and is complaining about the ride in it, he says it is far too ' rocky'.

From what he is explaining it sounds like the shocks arent operating properly, to cure this would it be best to get gas shocks ?

Can anyone show me a good website or let me know the best way to solve this.

Many Thanks, Ben Cooper.