SPRAYPAINT car parts,THE KNOW HOW

prevtec

Pro Tuner
Car
prelude 2.2vtec jap
HI FELLAS,ive only started spraypainting parts of my car and to be honest its either im a natural or what i believe, its easy once you know how.check out [my prelude] in the gallary,you will see i have sprayed my wheels,badges,and my rocker cover,even the exhaust.my calipers are also sprayed,but its a bad picture so you cant really see it through the wheel.

if anyone wants to give it a try,private message me with what its your thinking of doing and i will run everything with you,dont be afraid of it,i gaurrantee you wont mess it up.............the reason why im not putting how its done up as a new thread, is because ive done this on prelude zone,and i was abused over it.

to those who are intrested, you will really appriciate it when its done.plus its cheap to do and when you stand back and say to yourself ive done this,it makes you feel proud......quote [self praise is no praise,but whos going to praise you if you cant praise yourself].....go on me ha ha

Last edited by a moderator:
why dont you just post it if someone flames you shame on them because your trying, they should be saying no you have to do this or no you should try this its easier!

why dont you just post it if someone flames you shame on them because your trying, they should be saying no you have to do this or no you should try this its easier!
im going to take pics when i spray the wheel my girl scrope,im just busy at the moment,im trying to do the house up so i will eventully post pics up..thanks for your coment though,heres some rep

HI FELLAS,ive only started spraypainting parts of my car and to be honest its either im a natural or what i believe, its easy once you know how.check out [my prelude] in the gallary,you will see i have sprayed my wheels,badges,and my rocker cover,even the exhaust.my calipers are also sprayed,but its a bad picture so you cant really see it through the wheel.

if anyone wants to give it a try,private message me with what its your thinking of doing and i will run everything with you,dont be afraid of it,i gaurrantee you wont mess it up.............the reason why im not putting how its done up as a new thread, is because ive done this on prelude zone,and i was abused over it.

to those who are intrested, you will really appriciate it when its done.plus its cheap to do and when you stand back and say to yourself ive done this,it makes you feel proud......quote [self praise is no praise,but whos going to praise you if you cant praise yourself].....go on me ha ha
hi tart i have been spraying cars for 30 years and that is how i started on custome paint and standed paint so go for it have fun/if you need help just ask

Last edited:
I think we'd all like to hear how it's done prevtec. Don't ever be afraid to post up something on TorqueCars! We are a friendly bunch and will never abuse you (abuse is not tolerated). So go for it mate!

hi i have just bought a jeep jago i have rubbed the fiberglass body down i went to my local paint suppliers hex and asked there advice , they sold me the synthetic gespaint and said it would go on with a roller or brush and look like it was sprayed not hand painted, but it looked crap like a bunch of kids done it .
so i went back to them and said i would spray it on i was then sold the stuff to do this
premuim thinners ,cellulose primer, and a belco p190-478 topcoat

i sprayed the primer on it was fine then sprayed the gespaint on that was fine then sprayed the topcoat on and the body was ok had a bit of lifting on 1 wheelarch but when i went to spray the other panels it looked like i sprayed them with paintstripper so had to strip everything off, i tried to repair the wheelarch but when i spray the paint it just reacts like the other panel have ,
can you tell me if it was something i done or have i been sold the wrong products and they conflict with eachother
hope you can help me get over this nightmare
i have used cellulose paints in the past and had no problems thought i would try this gespaint on the advice of the shop i think i made a big mistake

many thanks from darin

its not you its the crap paint/ number 1 you should seal your gel coat on the body 2 2k primer/ not cellulose thats your prob its reacted gel coat now wat ever you put on it will reacted badly and the top coat will react to very badly/ now you must 240 freecut dry paper and lev to dry for 2 or more days /now 2k primer and lev for a day or 2 320 freecut put wat everyou want on top /briley-coachworks.co.uk ring 01580 712418 if you need more help its free.good luck

its not you its the crap paint/ number 1 you should seal your gel coat on the body 2 2k primer/ not cellulose thats your prob its reacted gel coat now wat ever you put on it will reacted badly and the top coat will react to very badly/ now you must 240 freecut dry paper and lev to dry for 2 or more days /now 2k primer and lev for a day or 2 320 freecut put wat everyou want on top /briley-coachworks.co.uk ring 01580 712418 if you need more help its free.good luck

hi thanks for your advice if its ok i will ring you for a chat
many thanks from darin:lol:

Hi Timmy, am thinking of respraying the top of my rear bumper on a 1998 v70 which is marked due to things getting loaded and unloaded..plus the the front bumper is scuffed and needs rubbed down and sprayed...so with your 30 yrs experiance thought you could give me a run down as to how to start and where to finish..........many thanks........john

Hi Timmy, hope these help,..........many thanks.......john

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 004.jpg