Calling Volvo Fans

CJW

I have recently got another Volvo, this time a S40 2.0D SE SPORT in black, with cream leather, great looking lowered suspension. I have been a volvo fan for a while now but never seen or heard of anybody else who realises that with a few modifications you get a great looking, and unique car. Any other Volvo lovers out there?

Yup, also just recently joined the Volvo clan. Picked up the C30-T5 in May. Absolutley loving it.

Good little runner - will change the face of Volvo I think. it certainly is turning heads here at the moment !

I drive an old brick. An old modified brick though.
Its fantastic, a total sleeper that can outrun most things around here.

73142903ba9d18c9300ef880e0a856c09db3803d8dc863b44b5578587570b2177ab24cce.jpg

08738484405b9bb70ad427511ea35c18b03be7f0955e2dd5b5e54e3582291385c80a9fc3.jpg

16007143840affb97e20ab03eee9bd408d0554183c2be2b3961438fec2f2a8940e69c73a.jpg

I'M ON MY 5TH vOLVO KNOW
A V70 T5 in White so you all know who owned it before me.
Cracking Car Modifications you can do as much as you like or as little
To see what mogs you can and advice.

Sorry Cannot Promote another forum
Loads of info and help there

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just bought a 1991 940 2.0 turbo for the wife. Went like a missile until today but for somereason I have lost boost? Will take a gander tomorrow and see what I can see.

The prancing moose is so subtle - I like the dig at Ferrari! Have you ever used it on a track at all? It would be great fun.

hey fingers wayne told me you know your stuff about tyres rims etc i have a 16" rim with 225/40/zr16s on them but i want to go a lot smaller what would be the smallest i could get on? cheers

I'd be glad to help. If you start another thread in General cCar Chat and we can go through what you want to do and what your best options are.

I have recently got another Volvo, this time a S40 2.0D SE SPORT in black, with cream leather, great looking lowered suspension. I have been a volvo fan for a while now but never seen or heard of anybody else who realises that with a few modifications you get a great looking, and unique car. Any other Volvo lovers out there?

Sounds just like the one I just got , does lowering the suspension help ?

hi this is my V70 T5 it did have a RICA 310 map but after etm problems volvo flashed the ecu and uploaded new etm software which brought it back to standard. oh well it was great while it lasted. LOL

Photo0120.jpg

Last edited:
hi this is my V70 T5 it did have a RICA 310 map but after etm problems volvo flashed the ecu and uploaded new etm software which brought it back to standard. oh well it was great while it lasted. LOL
That's dissapointing was it the remap that caused the problems? What sort of problems were you getting?

That's dissapointing was it the remap that caused the problems? What sort of problems were you getting?

no the map didn't cause the problem.
i don't know if you remember about 6-12 months ago watchdog highlighted a problem with the fly by wire throttle on the ME7 engines. basically the throttle body that was fitted to the early ME7 cars was failing and causing problems that ranged from total failure to just irratic idle and volvo after alot of complaints did a software upgrade and cleaning of the breathing system to try and solve the problem.
hence new software upgrade = deleted map :sad2:.

Just picked up a 1.8 SE S40 2009 model with 17" alloys
need advice - will a new air filter help me get more out of my car or should I hold out till car hits 1000 miles?
Please advise

Hi volvoman and welcome to TorqueCars. I would hold on till the car is run it. Give everything time to settle down. A Panel air filter would IMHO be the best option and this shouldn't affect the warrantee.

Thanks foy your reply I think I will put it in after its had the 3 month inspection re nuts and bolts checking, gives me enough time to save for it!!
Many thanks

new to the site have just brought 93 440 turbo and in the process of a few tweaks, also have 91 960 estate 6 cylinders and roling road tested with 229bhp/226ft/lbs torque @ 5600rpm. You could say i luv me volvos on my 4th so far
1st 460 cdi
2nd 940 2lt turbo Wentworth est
3rd 960 2922 24v estate
4th 440 turbo

Last edited:
Thats quite a selection. You've gone small again though with the 440. Is that for practical reasons or because it is quicker that way?

Had V50 2.0 Sport for a year now. Was manager of Volvo dealers before me, so has all the toys. Body kit, rear spoiler, 18inch BBS 5spokes, uprated stereo etc. Great car, looking for subtle mods at the minute. Springs, Brake discs, Air filters etc.

mornin phil...Im on my second v70 1998 2.5 (turquoise ) hardly a mark on it, turns heads where ever I go, everyone said when I bought this one, another gas guzzler!!, but thats not the case,you can burn it if you want, (which we all do from time to time )but with a little care we can get good mpg out of the car......how about you.....

hi fellow volvo heads, i bought a 91 940, 2 ltr n/a. about 2 years ago, from a dealer who had it as a trade in, so for 350 squids i got full volvo service history, one owner, 59.000 mile tank. I love it. just lowered it and managed to fit t5 allys. pic soon