Clio Owners introduce yourselves here.

yeah sorry i thought you were trying to get the biggest tyre possible on

dunno much about tyres to give you an idea, do you ken anybody that works in a tyrefitter that would be able to help i would say the 215 no problem but i think that you might get away with 205 although i couldnt confirm this

no but im sure i can find out. if it rubs now whats it goin to be like when i drop it
haha cheers mate

nah a cant stand french cars there more trouble than there worth when they go wrong
i just want to help as many as poss if i can

is it the actual arch its rubbin on or the inner liner. if its the outer arch itself you will need to rolll the arches, although i cant see how this is as theres a clio floating around lockerbie with what looks like 18"s on

only other thing i can think about is spacers but if the tyre is exposed outside the bodywork at the bottom you will need to fit wider mudguards or it will fail an mot. ive got the same problem with the bora i got audi tt alloys with 225/40/17s on and there just gettin away with it on the inside (around 5mm off the inner arch) but the wheel stick out by around 15mm past the mud guard had my mechanic check it out and was told it would fail but put the old ones back on and as long as theres tread it will pass no bother

really? i didnt think that would be a factor, yes spacers is probally the best bet as it is rubbing on the inner liner do you think i would get away with 5mm? cheers

Probably worth doing the spacers, rolling and pulling the arches to be on the safe side. Drifters often stretch narrow tyres across wide rims. Fingers is really the guy to ask - hes done a fair bit of tyre fitting in his time ;)

Hey,
I'm new, Just signed up! Site seems pretty cool!
I've got a 2002 1.2 16V Black Clio Dynamique :p I'm only 18 so don't go telling me to get a new car cos i cant afford it! lol. A few cosmetic Mod's really - New Twin Exit backbox (which sounds surprisingly good considering!) Temp. Lowered by Grayson Coil Spring Clamps! dangerous i know. Standard Alloys, but well looked after! I have got some tail light mask type things, but i want to tint my originals....... Tinting spray or Vinyl Tinting sheets?

Hi and welcome. I wouldn't dare recommend a new car. My first car was 13 year old! Things have moved on since I was a lad!

Vinyl sheets are more easily removeable if you get fed up with the look although they can cold a little more. The standard alloys are not bad looking on the Dynamique.

yeah my first car was a 6 year old fiesta that drank as much oil as it did fuel net was 5 year old civic then a 17yo prelude

i take it you will be looking at fitting proper springs and dampners at some point

so now ive finnaly scraped the money together for a conversion does anyone know where i can get a sport engine from k-tec racing want nearly three grand for one although fitted, ive got 1500 to get one in uprate my brakes and suspension i can fit the engine myself at work but really need to get the engine 1st can anyone sort me out

Hi Gilly 113 and welcome to TorqueCars nice to have you along. What are you aiming at - silly power, sensible power or better handling? The other question is how much are you prepared to spend?

Hi there! Im james and i drive a Clio 2 Mk1 1.2 mpi. Obviously the power gains arent really in my sights for this car as without an engine conversion its an impossible task. Although im looking at changing to an Audi A3 1.8T quattro next march which will be a different story. Iv always been very interested in renaults and am currently an active member in the largest renault enthusiast website there is. Although im looking to leave the renault communtiy when i get the audi i'll still be involved in certain shows such as French Car Show and Renault World Series as im sure Renault will still hold a certain sentiment to me... but il be back the second i can afford to insure and run a Clio V6!

i have 16" bk racing wheels with 225/40/xr16 on them i want to put smaller tyres on them wot will be the smallest i can get on, cos they are rubbing on my wheel arch and dont want to put spacers on. cheers im hoping for at least 215eens

Iv got a clio with 17's on that iv lowered 35mm all round and it doesnt rub... all iv had 2 do is pull the plastic arch lining back a tiny bit and its sound now. My tyres are 205/40/R17s and theyr fine. Cant see how 16s can rub when you can fit 18s with standard suspension...

will it leave holes if i take the badges off my clio 2 or will it just need buffing etc? cheers lads

Yet another quote... lol.
Clio 2 badges are riveted on... iv got a clio 2 and i cant be a***d 2 have the tiny holes filled just to lose the badges so iv kept them on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi JG1 and thanks for the tips - much appreciated. You will not be dissapointed with the A3 1.8T Quattro (not that i'm biased or anything! ;))

its not the diameter thats rubbing its the width thats rubbing on the inside of the arch....

I think the best option might be to get some 205s and small spacers.... although mines got 205s and i havnt bothered with spacers and it sits at quite a good stance lowered 35mm on 17s anyway. If you need anymore help with your clio drop me a message or summit cuz iv changed quite a few bits on mine myself and might be able 2 help! :)

James.

yea i had a look at some spacers but they were looking for £40 for some hubcentris ones so i didnt want to risk wasting what little money i earn i n the army

Hi i got clio 1.4 champion eleysees very nice but bit standard looking for few parts e.g. Deep dish alloys and lowering kit anyone no of anything or good bargains ? =]

Aup!

Im now the new proud owner of a clio 172 cup & im now stuck on which path to take regards moding this beast even further! Please could anybody help????????

Many Thanks
G.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the reply, i don't have a set amount to spend at the mo, but this is due to not nowing which way to turn first. I've been advised that i should'nt mod my car at all as this version can't take any major modifications???? :confused: I will be keeping this car for the next couple of years so will be a on going project!

Many thanks G

Hi I'm new to this forum
I have ´92 Clio 1,8 16v (I use it for rally)
I´m trying to find good rear suspenson (got 45mm bilstein front, but the rear always gets destroid)
The plans are beter under armor og more power (got re-chip, de cat and 2,5" exaust)

Ps sorry about my english, í know its bad

Hi, I have a Clio 1.5 Dci mk 2 only the 65bhp unfortunately but I'm looking into improving performance. I've looked into getting it chipped I just wondered if anyone could help with suggestions or advice? Thanks:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey and welcome to torquecars mate.
give celtic tuning a shout
they dont list the gains but other members have used them and very satisfied.
i would think you should be looking at around 80bhp after a remap (chippings the od fashioned way, most is now done through the diagnostic port ) but itll be the increase in torque that you will notice the most

Hi
Clio Mk2 Phase 2, 1.2 16v.

Mods:
Rip speed mushroom filter (attached to air box)
Piper cross Cold air feed kit
Ecotek CB-26P valve + piper cross filter
Nitro-X programmable ECU mod chip
Uprated fast road clutch
All LED or xenon bulbs

Had no real problems apart from wearing the clutch out although all expected other time really. Suspensions on the way out, wondered if anyone had any good recommendations for road suspension, maybe something slightly uprated, possibly lowered slightly to solely reduce car roll?? Also having a fair few problems with wheel spin, the tires width and grip just arn't up for the car, and in the wet the car can act like its on ice, so any advice on size increase on tires, or as to a product anyone recommends, probably will be buying some basic rims or Renault rims within few months?? Also anyone had any experiences with electric turbos, iv got some "air blowers" from a marine application which are tempting me to see any advantages in performance, doubt full to any at all, and so wondered of any experiences???
Thanks
02coled

Hi o2coled and welcome to TorqueCars. Nice spec list there. Have you tried Goodyear eagle F1's - they are pretty grippy tyres. Maby get some wheels from a 172.

Forget electric turbos. They are a waste of time and money and only give a small boost at full throttle.

Hey all, ive had a good old Clio 1.2 T reg for about a year and a half now and im going to start getting some things done to it now ive got some money coming in!