Power loss on a bmw b37 116d

acj55

Car
116d lci b37
Hi,

So for a while now, i've been experiencing a consistent power loss.

Vehicle is up to temp, when floored it has full power then will cut power to 50-60% (seen from idrive sports display doesnt go past 60bhp marker). If i then stop the vehicle, turn off and turn on and floor it power will be restored then will cut down again.

I had a oxygen sensor error, both o2 sensor have been replaced and the error is gone. Vehicle is showing no errors and no check engine light. Cars been serviced multiple times in my ownership.

From researching i've only found one person with a similar issue but for the B38 (Petrol) and they just replaced spark plugs and it resolved their issue.

Would appreciate and suggestions as to what it could be.

Hello and welcome |B
My suggestion is to plug in an OBD reader when it is actually to get a fault code to indicate why it does that.

I had a problem (Auto trans) with my 4x4 and it never happened while the dealer had my car for a week at a time and it never showed up on their scanner.

Hello and welcome |B
My suggestion is to plug in an OBD reader when or while it is doing that to get a fault code to indicate why it does that.
Thank you for the reply, i have and there are no current errors present unfortunately :(

These issues are hard to track down, could it be the DPF filter getting clogged up? Run a decent dpf regeneration cycle and investigate the DPF cleaning additives and see if this helps. https://www.torquecars.com/tuning/diesels/how-to-clear-a-blocked-dpf.php

You might find the soot is settling out when the car is off and after the exhaust starts to flow it all backs up again inside the DPF cells.

Hi,

So for a while now, i've been experiencing a consistent power loss.

Vehicle is up to temp, when floored it has full power then will cut power to 50-60% (seen from idrive sports display doesnt go past 60bhp marker). If i then stop the vehicle, turn off and turn on and floor it power will be restored then will cut down again.

I had a oxygen sensor error, both o2 sensor have been replaced and the error is gone. Vehicle is showing no errors and no check engine light. Cars been serviced multiple times in my ownership.

From researching i've only found one person with a similar issue but for the B38 (Petrol) and they just replaced spark plugs and it resolved their issue.

Would appreciate and suggestions as to what it could be.
I know this was a while ago for you, but did you find a resolution to the problem of low power. I am experiencing what seems to be the same fault. Any advice please? Thank you