Brake Problems

Hello and welcome :)

For starters I would lubricate the pivot point of the pedal to eliminate that being the source of the annoying noise.

Does it squeak when you apply the brake when the car is not moving ?

If it only happens when moving have you checked the pads for wear ?

Some pads come with a little metal tag that will come in contact with the disc when the pads are worn down to app 2-3 mm of pad friction material remaining and make a squeaking noise that tells you that new pads are needed.

If your pads do not have this warning feature then your pads may be worn down to the backing plate and damaging the disc that will need machining to remove grooves before installing new pads.

PRO TIP all discs have a minimum thickness and must be replaced when they are worn down to the minimum specs.

Does it squeak when you apply the brake when the car is not moving ?

If it only happens when moving have you checked the pads for wear ?

Some pads come with a little metal tag that will come in contact with the disc when the pads are worn down to app 2-3 mm of pad friction material remaining and make a squeaking noise that tells you that new pads are needed.

If your pads do not have this warning feature then your pads may be worn down to the backing plate and damaging the disc that will need machining to remove grooves before installing new pads.

PRO TIP all discs have a minimum thickness and must be replaced when they are worn down to the minimum specs.
It happens when I have a long drive, should I replace the brake pads or the rotors?

If you have no mechanical experience I would advise getting it inspected by a competent motor mechanic.

Hello guys, has anyone experienced this one? when I press the lever of my brake, I hear squeaking noises

Thanks @TCJBOLDIE , my brother gave me R1 ceramic brake pads and rotors, would have it installed by a mechanic near the office

Please let us know if that solves the noise you were worried about .

Any info or comments from the workshop as to the condition of the existing parts would be helpful.

FYI I had a grinding noise from the brakes on my old car after a track session and it disappeared when I went out for the next session only to return and it turned out to be the disc when really hot grew ever so slightly in diameter causing it to come in contact with the calliper so I removed the disc and had 1mm machined off the width and problem solved.

Vibrations in brakes can generally be caused by uneven wear on the disk surface. Cheap pads are usually the cause of this, the metal components in them cause this uneven wear, but equally a cheap disk will not always wear smoothly. It is not usually a serious defect, more of an annoyance.

Measuring the disk with Calipers wlll show if the wear and tear is even or not across the disk surface.

If it's more of a loose pedal, then it probably just needs tightening up.