Performance air filter for a 118d

I put a KnN air filter on my 118d less restriction so better than stock just makes the engine a little bit happier

I put a KnN air filter on my 118d less restriction so better than stock just makes the engine a little bit happier

I seriously doubt that fitting a K & N filter will add any extra power to a stock motor compared to the factory filter but it may well alter the induction sound.

A K&N filter is the last filter that I would fit if the vehicle was driven in dusty conditions as testing has shown.

However I must confess that I have just fitted one on my track day FN2 Type R as it will be in the 6-8 thousand rev band that requires far more air that your diesel (that operates in say the 1500-3500 rev band ) during the Time Attack day and may help in some small way to posting a PB but the weather is not looking promising and my semi slicks are worn and needing replacement soon.

Last edited:
I found minimal improvement on a diesel, it ran on for longer on lift off, and fuel economy was slightly up, but it didn't add to the power.

BUT if you are planning other mods, it will give you more headroom and allow you to take it to higher power figures.