Jonny5 is alive, hi car tweekers.

thinking of replacing engine, vectra or summit like that, anyone done summit like?

• any good ideas that have worked for you

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not loaded but got a bit of cash, so bring it on

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jjsmith

Car
Ford Ka 1.4i K04
Gone with the old 04 Ford ka 1.4i. Was a rapid car, great on the bends and top end of 120mph, until fitting bigger alloys 13" to 14" reduced top speed to 95mph
Got a K10 Vauvhall corsa sxi 1.4i now. Pretty nice, full body kit, lowered and sport suspension, bigger alloys, wide tyres.
Hits a deadspot at 6000 rpm at approx 60mph,... Help
I want fast as fast is.

Deadspots in Corsas are often down to a faulty valve on the intake or exhaust. Run some engine cleaner through it, make sure the spark plugs are in good order and disconnect and reconnect the earth (following makers instructions) to ensure a good earth contact.

Dirty air filter and faulty catalyst can also cause dead spots.

Get a fast road cam if you want the best performance mod for this engine.

When you changed wheels on the Ka did you fit tyres with the same rolling diameter?

Thinking out loud now so is the "flat spot@6000 " something in the EMS like fuel cut /rev limiter to protect the engine from damage?

Last edited:
Deadspots in Corsas are often down to a faulty valve on the intake or exhaust. Run some engine cleaner through it, make sure the spark plugs are in good order and disconnect and reconnect the earth (following makers instructions) to ensure a good earth contact.

Thanks may do that in the new year.

When you changed wheels on the Ka did you fit tyres with the same rolling diameter?

Thinking out loud now so is the "flat spot@6000 " something in the EMS like fuel cut /rev limiter to protect the engine from damage?
O n the Ka, bigger wheels less rubber from tyre rim to road and much wider tread. The rolling diameter increased per turn of wheel.
RE the Corsa, yr probably right, the revs do drop, my solution is to change gear just before I expect it, over 6000 but no more than 6500 rpm. It just seems a waste to have 8000rpm on clock (7000+ is in the red) and yes the engine is probably restricted. In new year I will un-tame it or so to speak. Thanks Tcjboldie

Thanks Wayne, just had full service at Equipe. A man commented on this site that was helpful. Will still look into the road cams, thanks.

Thanks Wayne, just had full service at Equipe. A man commented on this site that was helpful. Will still look into the road cams, thanks.

O n the Ka, bigger wheels less rubber from tyre rim to road and much wider tread. The rolling diameter increased per turn of wheel.
RE the Corsa, yr probably right, the revs do drop, my solution is to change gear just before I expect it, over 6000 but no more than 6500 rpm. It just seems a waste to have 8000rpm on clock (7000+ is in the red) and yes the engine is probably restricted. In new year I will un-tame it or so to speak. Thanks Tcjboldie

Can't get any reputable garages to help me modify my cars performance, power wise. Wanting fast road cam or rally and remaping for a Corsa SXi1.4i 16v, (2010). Local to Haycock ish.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back