Volvo 740 engine Swap

ViruZHUN

Car
Volvo 740
Hi!
(this is a project further away, I am just asking because I am curious if my plans are possible)

Is it possible to put a modern engine from 2015 and later into a car Like a Volvo 740. I know the newer engines got all kinds of sensors and things which older engines do not, but is it manageable to get an engine from a modern volvo to work with this 740?

Here is an example of an engine I would consider: B4204T19 from Volvo(i know this is an engine for Automatic but I would choose one for a manual)

Would it be possible to get this engine running in a volvo 740?, it is possible to connect everything the engine needs to the car? (I might have to change transmission)

Hi and welcome |B :)
Why don't you search on the TURBO BRICKS forums as they have all the info you need to get them going fast with the factory motors.

Almost anything is possible with time and money and it depends if you really want to change motors or just want a fast car.

Anything is possible. You'll probably need custom engine mounts but often newer engines were designed to fit the manufacturers standard mounting points.

Get the ECU, gearbox and sensors from the donor and it should be easily possible with time and effort.

The old gearbox will act like a low ratio box and will hamper your enjoyment of the car, so don't skimp and get the box that matches the engine power characteristics.

Hi and welcome |B :)
Why don't you search on the TURBO BRICKS forums as they have all the info you need to get them going fast with the factory motors.

Almost anything is possible with time and money and it depends if you really want to change motors or just want a fast car.
Thanks for answer :)
I really like the 740s design. But their old engines eats alot of fuel. My goal is to have a strong engine with kind of low fuel consumption. That's why I am looking at the newest engines from the newest Volvo cars.

Alright, will check out turbo bricks :)

Anything is possible. You'll probably need custom engine mounts but often newer engines were designed to fit the manufacturers standard mounting points.

Get the ECU, gearbox and sensors from the donor and it should be easily possible with time and effort.

The old gearbox will act like a low ratio box and will hamper your enjoyment of the car, so don't skimp and get the box that matches the engine power characteristics.

Yeah I thought about the engine mounts, the ones from the 740 probably wont fit the new engine. Do you know some company or something which makes custom engine mounts? Or should I just make my own?

You do know that you can get a 16 valve head that bolts on to the existing 2.3 motor and aftermarket MPI plus a EMS like s Haltec that can be tuned for better fuel consumption as well as power??