Got a performance diesel?

oilman

Approved trader
Car
Porsche
In Europe, Mercedes, BMW, VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda and General Motors all choose FUCHS products as factory fill for their prestigious cars. FUCHS engine oils meet the latest and most demanding specifications set. At the pinnacle of their synthetic oils, they offer the Fuchs Titan Race Pro range and as part of these fantastic race oils, is the Fuchs Titan Race Pro C3 5w-30. Available on our Opie Oils website from as little as £44.96 for 5 litres with your club discount! (usually found in signature)

If you have a performance diesel engine that has a diesel particulate filter fitted, picking a performance oil for it has been tricky. It gets even more tricky if the engine has been tuned. Removing the DPF was an option, however due to the change in MOT regulations, that isn't a great idea any more.

To cater for that, Fuchs have produced the Fuchs Titan Race Pro C3 5w-30, which is an ester based oil - just like the very popular Fuchs Titan Race Pro S and R. It is designed to protect your engine during hard use that could cause normal oils to break down. Fancy a closer look? Follow the link HERE for further details.

Although the Fuchs Titan Race Pro C3 5w-30 is not manufacturer approved (so not for cars under warranty), it has been designed for use in place of BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and VW group cars that require the ACEA C3 specification for the DPF.
There are various other cars, such as Hondas, KIAs, Vauxhalls, Minis, Nissans, Peugots and Subarus that also require a C3 oil - this is a top of the range option for them.

Not sure if this is suitable for your particular set up? Not a problem, just give us a call on 01209 202 944 Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 5:30 and we can look into it for you. Alternatively, drop us a message on here or an email to sales@opieoils.co.uk we'll be happy to help!

We also have a huge range of engine oil and filter service kits available for your vehicle, with prices starting from as little as £17.99 with your club discount. It's worth having a look through your options - just follow THIS LINK to our handy look up guide and start entering your vehicle details to find the correct one for your vehicle. It's really that simple.

Until next time

- Oilman

What's this stuff like with the 2.0 TDi PD engines - mine is a BKP, I think a twin cam 16 valve effort, god knows why we need 4 valves per cylinder with an engine that really has no need to go much over 4000rpm?

I am very nervous about the PD engines and the battering the camshafts get. Currently using GT1 Pro C3 which is 507.00 approved.

What you reckon?

Interestedt o know more also. Mine is a 2006 Golf GT with the BMN PD170 engine. I have a DPF that clogs all the time due to short journeys and I loathe having to go out of my way to blast it out. I put a can of BG244K in at the moment to clean but if the engine can continually keep cleaning itself with this change that would be good
Long life service rated also?

No. It's 2006 year model with the downturned twin tailpipes. It does soot a bit when it's wortked hard.
Hi

Without a DPF, you wouldn't need to go for this if you want a performance oil. Top end ester based oils are fine for the PD engine (by boss has had the Pro S 5w-40 in his Leon Cupra Tdi for 5 years and probably 70k with no issues at all). The special thing about the PD oils is that they contain high levels of anti-wear additives and can cope with the pressure the oil gets to in a PD engine. Top end performance oils are also fine with that kind of pressure and they have even more anti-wear additives, as well as being made out of the best ingredients.

By all means, use the Race Pro C3, but as you don't have a DPF, you have a few others to pick from as well.

Cheers

Tim

Interestedt o know more also. Mine is a 2006 Golf GT with the BMN PD170 engine. I have a DPF that clogs all the time due to short journeys and I loathe having to go out of my way to blast it out. I put a can of BG244K in at the moment to clean but if the engine can continually keep cleaning itself with this change that would be good
Long life service rated also?

Hi

Do you know what oil is currently being used in it?

The Race Pro C3 is fine for the DPF, but if you are using it for short journeys all the time, you're likely to clog the DPF no matter what oil you use.

You might want to try this

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-79253-m...e-filter-cleaner-regenerator-dpf-cleaner.aspx

The Race Pro C3 is not a long life oil, so would need changing annually or at 10k, whichever comes first.

Cheers

Tim

Hi

Without a DPF, you wouldn't need to go for this if you want a performance oil. Top end ester based oils are fine for the PD engine (by boss has had the Pro S 5w-40 in his Leon Cupra Tdi for 5 years and probably 70k with no issues at all). The special thing about the PD oils is that they contain high levels of anti-wear additives and can cope with the pressure the oil gets to in a PD engine. Top end performance oils are also fine with that kind of pressure and they have even more anti-wear additives, as well as being made out of the best ingredients.

By all means, use the Race Pro C3, but as you don't have a DPF, you have a few others to pick from as well.

Cheers

Tim

Thing is I have 150,000 miles on this car running GT1 Pro C3 and also no issues. At least not with the engine. It's what it's bolted to - ie. the rest of the car ( ;) ) which is playing up.

I know the PD engines batter the oil because of the high loads the PD injectors place upon the the cam followers. It's a moronic design, everyone else went common rail, VW had to do something radically different in order to keep servicing and maintenance bills high.