82 toyota supra?

Definately, especially if its a twin turbo! Good ones are pretty rare and they are awesome project cars.

Definately, especially if its a twin turbo! Good ones are pretty rare and they are awesome project cars.

Twin turbo in 1982 Waynne? REALLY!! 1982 would of been the Celica Supra crossover with the 2.8 engine I would of thought. No turbos fitted back then to the range just 145hp to lug the big body around. Looks good though, similar to Nissans 300ZX that was around at the time

Twin turbo in 1982 Waynne? REALLY!! 1982 would of been the Celica Supra crossover with the 2.8 engine I would of thought. No turbos fitted back then to the range just 145hp to lug the big body around. Looks good though, similar to Nissans 300ZX that was around at the time
I didn't think anyone mentioned the year, oh well! :oops:

Actually thinking about it a 90s twin turbo Supra could probably be picked up cheaper then one of these now. Must be getting rare on the roads, when did you last see one? I've only seen one and that's because my mechanic was restoring one couple years ago. Awesome noise

Actually thinking about it a 90s twin turbo Supra could probably be picked up cheaper then one of these now. Must be getting rare on the roads, when did you last see one? I've only seen one and that's because my mechanic was restoring one couple years ago. Awesome noise
A supra from the early 90s in showroom condition is around 20k, but from what I've seen mint 80s supras go for around 9k. (this one in current condition has a 1200$ asking price.)

They are still really nice cars and IMO you should go for it. Is it mechanically sound? The price seems too good to be true.

They are still lovely looking cars, and rare ones, too. But the driving experience didn't grab me particularly. I think sometimes we all are used to progress and it goes un-noticed. A Fiesta TDCi would be a better drive now, for example.

I like the 1st generation Supras as they looked good with the flares .They had a 2.8 litre?? single cam 6 in the ones sold here.
The 2nd generation ones were twin cam and had a reputation for blowing head gaskets .

Ahh - a straight six is always a pleasant find . . .

A 2JZ TURBO would be the ideal motor to replace the single cammer in the Supra OR thinking outside the square a 3rz 2.7 4 cyl with say a GTX3076R as it might keep the weight off the front end.