Black leather is just too hot

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Black leather car seats get far too hot in the summer!

What do you do to keep yours cool? Companies do heated seats, do any offered cooled leather seats for summer or do we get so little sunshine that it is just not worth it in the UK!

Keep a small towel in car to lay on seat when its been in sun all day. Aircon on a seat would be more complicated to fit then the heating systems they have unless I suppose you could divert the aircon to exit into the seat like they do with the cooler systems going into the glovebox or boot for keeping drinks cold hmmm

Best thing you can do is to put up a reflective sun screen that fits across the whole windscreen.
Only takes a few seconds to put up and is good for keeping things inside cool when parked up in the sun.
Good for keeping the steering wheel and hand brake from getting hot too not just the seats

Black leather car seats get far too hot in the summer!

What do you do to keep yours cool? Companies do heated seats, do any offered cooled leather seats for summer or do we get so little sunshine that it is just not worth it in the UK!

Well I've just been looking at vw phaeton's on autotrader and some have the optional extra of air conditioned and massage seats so yes you can get them;)

Greetings lyleScot and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

The Disco has Alpaca leather so won't absorb the heat. But in winter they warm up nice and quick!

The Ford Expedition V8 I had in the states this September had air-con seats.

Always remember getting into my dads vauxhall chevette as a kid, with its dark blue vinyl faux leather.......

It was quite literally like sitting on a hot pan!!

It was quite literally like sitting on a hot pan!!

Now that takes me back buddy, remember sitting as a kid in my old mans black Triumph Herald for those family outings to the seaside in the summer o_O Ruddy hell, colour me green then call me grass; if I ever see another Triumph Herald in black I will need to be pulled off the owner with arms and legs still kicking violently towards that poor mans head :oops:

Off course another delightful sight in black would be this

Only reason I watch the Avengers! :lol:

The other halfs Dad's Range Rover has cooled/heated leather seats. Quite nice actually....

As a black car owner, I always had for shade when I see it, but other than that, tinting the windows and getting a visor as mentioned are really the only ways