Your next mod for your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What will be the next mod you do on your car? How long will it take before you bite the bullet and go for it.

I'll be at some point fitting a larger turbo and uprating the clutch/flywheel but this is probably years away unless one of these items fails sooner and needs replacing.

I'm not altogether sure what it will be. Only a couple of silly things being done before the end of this year. Next year at some point I think the car will be resprayed the same colour.

My MG will be having a front brake upgrade, picking up a 4 pot Brembo GT2 caliper and disc kit this weekend with custom hoses. That'll be into the new year before I start on that. I have to work on the wife's MGF first. :rolleyes: I may even get the Torsen gearbox rebuilt, it's been sitting in my garage long enough and I need to get it re-fitted. I really want to get new cams but the vernier pulleys are no longer available, when they do come up it is always the wrong time.

Don't forget to get the geometry setup done after they have been fitted buddy, this will help to get the best out of them ;)

All in hand mate. Brand new boots and a full 4 wheel set up tomorrow morning, thats my weekend job sorted o_O

I wouldnt go that far buddy :rofl:

Many things could go very wrong

Oh yeah! MOT as well tomorrow :eek:

My Starion will be getting rear coilovers .fronts already done along with uprated linear springs with dampers revalved plus app 3 deg negative on the front for more grip and less push out of corners.
Will be having the front roll centre adjusted if needed as well along with a full 4 wheel alignment.

My next mod gets fitted Monday. Got Loba MotorSport brake kit for the RS courtesy of a dealer of mine. Uses the stock RS/brembo 6-pot callipers but with a Loba floating bell, AP racing slotted disc and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

Bolted the discs to the bell on Friday... just waiting on the pads which arrive today, ready for fitting Monday.

Can't come soon enough. Loba/AP rate the setup to 12 competitive laps of a track and this was exceeded in testing - compared to the Audi stock setup which always get killed pretty quickly on the track. The setup also removes 6.7kg of unsprung weight per disc which has to help things! Slotted disc too compared to Audi's drilled, which they tell me is far more resistant to warping - something I keep suffering from with the OEM discs.

Attachments

• new-brake.jpg
    new-brake.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 4
No more mods planned until car is up and running. However, no doubt there will be changes as the final build progresses but these can't be classed as mods as meant in this thread.

Next Mod will Probably be a Power Remap upgrade from my Ecomap and some Silicone connectors since my Rubber ones pretty much exploded ... this will be the last Mod for a while until i gain more Knowledge in Mods on Diesel cars and such

RS will be getting a change of coolant to Evans water less, double front headlight projector upgrade and fog light hid upgrade
Audi 80 cabriolet will be having 40 mm lowering springs, replacement speed line alloys with new tires, 2nd hand power flow exhaust with twin round tips, new front screen and possibly painted, fix leak in boot (3rd brake light seal again) and possibly replace the alternater as this one is not proceeding much much power
Audi coupe, replacement fuse box, clutch, replace the hazard light switch and headlight switch, new speakers with Dab head unit, wheel refurbishment and possibly full respray
Rocket, commence build up for track use, may SVI it for road use