seat leon cupra r boost issues

portland2002

Car
seat leon cupra r
anybody know what a seat leon cupra r 225 bam engine 2004 should boost to? my turbo was rebuilt with with a bigger compressor wheel and machined housing anyway. the issue is it boosts to 1.5 bar upto 3700 rpm then drops to 1.1 bar on the dyno it looks like a hacksaw blade up and down it sort of flatlines in stead of carrying on to about 5700 rpm then droping off the curve stops at 3700 rpm and holds 1.1 bar past 3700 rpm i would think the boost would drop off later up the rev range or am i wrong?. i changed the n75 no change the went for a j type n75 holds a bit longer still the same.fitted a adjustable forge actuator with a 24 psi spring no change and a forge 008 dump valve no change. there are no leaks tested that and all pipe are reinforced silicone !!!! help!!!!

Last edited:
did you have the car remapped after having the turbo work done?

as it will certainly need a map tweak thats for sure.

i know alot of oe maps and even custom maps have a peak boost then have it tailing off at the top end a tad

did you have the car remapped after having the turbo work done? Yes at Reidy remaps yeovil it was a custom map but could not get it to hold 1.5 bar after 3700 rpm kept dropping down to 1.1 bar I am going to try a slightly stronger dump valve spring as I think its opening to early

as it will certainly need a map tweak thats for sure.

i know alot of oe maps and even custom maps have a peak boost then have it tailing off at the top end a tad
Yes at Reidy remaps yeovil it was a custom map but could not get it to hold 1.5 bar after 3700 rpm kept dropping down to 1.1 bar I am going to try a slightly stronger dump valve spring as I think its opening to early. I agree about dropping off later but 3700 rpm is not right peak power should be 5800 rpm I am pulling my hair out help

is the dump valve your running atmospheric? and is it single or twin piston?

i know back when my bro had his 1.8 20v turbo that alot of people didnt rate running atmospheric dump valves as they caused probs and instead used to run the forge 007p

is the dump valve your running atmospheric? and is it single or twin piston?

i know back when my bro had his 1.8 20v turbo that alot of people didnt rate running atmospheric dump valves as they caused probs and instead used to run the forge 007p
It turned out to be a combination of lambda sensor which showed up at 4500 rpm on dyno which gave 7 degrees of timing and plugs were to hot for the mods.