Your tuning goals

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your tuning goals and aspirations?

Do you think you will achieve these in the next year or two?

I want to quit this lark at 70 so Ive only this year really to finally call it a day on Tuning.
Its been a gradual increase in Power as it became possible to reach higher figures. We thought 650bhp was the absolute limit for a YB in 1999 but more R&D on the Block better Turbo's & vastly superior electronics have changed that limit. Below is my Power increases.
1996 - 330bhp
1997 - 400bhp
1999 - 500bhp
2004 - 640bhp
2005 - 690bhp
2008 - 840bhp
The new engine will see an attempt at 1000bhp from an orginal 200yb block thats a difficult target & lots has been spent to have a realistic chance of that final Goal.
There is no point having all that Power if you dont put the car on the line so a crack at a new Topspeed record will happen on or before my 70th Birthday.

What then - the car will be sold/broken-up & a 1930's car will be purchased so the Missus & I can stutter around the Vintage scene for a few years.

My goal for this year is to see quickly we can get the turbos on boost using the twin 2860-5s . Also aiming to see what power we can get with the bigger engine
We finally had it on the dyno last Friday but couldnt go above 1 bar as the fuel system is no longer adequate , still it managed 500 at 1 bar so looking forward to seeing what we can get at 1.6 or 7 now the new fuel system is in.
Thats providing something else doesnt hold it back.

We finally had it on the dyno last Friday but couldnt go above 1 bar as the fuel system is no longer adequate , still it managed 500 at 1 bar so looking forward to seeing what we can get at 1.6 or 7 now the new fuel system is in.
Thats providing something else doesnt hold it back.

Very impressive Brian, looking forward to the updates on this one ;)