450bhp STR I love it !!

Isuzucourier

Car
Jaguar s type R
Have had my ,beast, nearly a year now and I love driving it
Probably done 7500 miles and with a very heavy right foot maybe I managed 18mpg. Wow! you do catch the traffic in front very quickly.
Only spend has been 2 rear 275x35 Contis and 2 replacement water hoses across top of engine. Now due for a service which I will have done by an ex jaguar service engineer
My son has also driven it and thinks that in a standing 1/4 at Stratford Raceway it would beat his 375bhp Subaru WRX we will put them to the test this summer ( loser pays )
Any opinions on this

Last edited:
Driving double speed limits you might not have a licence to enjoy this car for long.
Do some track days.

Have had my ,beast, nearly a year now and I love driving it
Probably done 7500 miles and with a very heavy right foot maybe I managed 18mpg. Have broken the limits on lower M5 by more than double. Wow! you do catch the traffic in front very quickly.

Any opinions on this

Yes I do have an opinion! Under no circumstances do TorqueCars condone any type of speeding on the public highway by one or even two miles an hour yet alone doing 140mph plus. It is not big and it is not clever but merely downright dangerous. Keep your excess speeding to the track alone or any other misguided attempts of bravado to yourself or the fiction novel section of Waterstones book store.

I'm glad you love your car and it does sound like a dream but we just can't condone speeding or driving recklessly on public roads. You might want to edit your original post a little. :D

google 1320video.com/texas streets

and check out what goes on in USA!

these guys in Houston TX are saying they have the fastest street cars in the WORLD!! its real not BS. been to a couple times, its fascinating!

Now that's put to bed, regarding the question "a standing 1/4 at Stratford Raceway would it beat his 375bhp Subaru WRX", I think such a race will depend on the starts they both get, if the 4WD bogs down on the Subaru the Jag will get away and win but if the Jag wheel spins and the Subaru gets a good start could be the other way round...

Suby's are great little cars, but not particularly a good drag car! i kinda like that little BRZ coupe tho.

for some winter intertainment, check out streetoutlaws.com, things are getting nuts on some streets,, theses guys had to beat the HoustonTX cars (rivalry).

Hey its all about some fun, of course it can be dangerous, why do you think our USA DNA left old Britain couple hundred yrs back, needed space to expand, and street racing is better than going off to war for someone else to pleasure!

we got so many 1000hp cars on the street, cant count them any more!

By Stratford Raceway I assume that you mean Shakespeare County Raceway? I take it that you are not a regular at the track

google 1320video.com/texas streets

and check out what goes on in USA!

these guys in Houston TX are saying they have the fastest street cars in the WORLD!! its real not BS. been to a couple times, its fascinating!

They seem to only claim to be the fastest in the States, but to most Americans that equates to the whole world :)

Apart from that claim that the races are on unclosed roads, which is visually not the case, I like the show.

Suby's are great little cars, but not particularly a good drag car! i kinda like that little BRZ coupe tho.

for some winter intertainment, check out streetoutlaws.com, things are getting nuts on some streets,, theses guys had to beat the HoustonTX cars (rivalry).

Hey its all about some fun, of course it can be dangerous, why do you think our USA DNA left old Britain couple hundred yrs back, needed space to expand, and street racing is better than going off to war for someone else to pleasure!

we got so many 1000hp cars on the street, cant count them any more!

Is American horsepower the same as the American gallon, smaller than the British version? :)

I like Street Outlaws, apart from two small niggles:

Only run over 1/8 mile.
No times given.

git no times ,times dont win a drag race! its who gets to the end 1st that matters.

altho some cars are over 150mph in 1/8 mile, try it out , aint easy, and most anyone is able to race, just gotta walk the talk, and talk your walk! LOL.

its really about having fun and unwinding from hard days stress,not quite acceptable by the old fashioned status quo, stick in the mud types.

for years iv'e tried to explain(street racing) and unless you have participated, some just dont get it, it seems as tho a street race brings the adrenaline level to higher than a normal approved car race.

when some corner guys just hanging around get BSn about there ride, it starts with the talk 1st then to a secluded street elsewhere,and testes start getting hot, thats all it takes !

better than a gang fight, or drunken fools, or cant hook up with a female, to many uncharted babies now!

If you have a tuned corsa or similar racing on the roads in the UK is really dangerous.
If you have what I would call a fast car (say over 500bhp) its suicidal there really is no other word for it. And anyone who thinks different is an idiot.

Just to clarify my definition of racing isnt going quickly away from the lights for forty yards (which proves nothing) it is using the cars potential close to its limit for a sustained lenght of time. It also usually include bends ( unless of course you are in the US )

out
git no times ,times dont win a drag race! its who gets to the end 1st that matters.
altho some cars are over 150mph in 1/8 mile, try it out , aint easy, and most anyone is able to race, just gotta walk the talk, and talk your walk! LOL.
its really about having fun and unwinding from hard days stress,not quite acceptable by the old fashioned status quo, stick in the mud types.
for years iv'e tried to explain(street racing) and unless you have participated, some just dont get it, it seems as tho a street race brings the adrenaline level to higher than a normal approved car race.
when some corner guys just hanging around get BSn about there ride, it starts with the talk 1st then to a secluded street elsewhere,and testes start getting hot, thats all it takes !
better than a gang fight, or drunken fools, or cant hook up with a female, to many uncharted babies now!

Bros, agreed but times would be a useful indicator as to how fast they actually are.

Maybe I should try it out :)

I used to street race for money back in the 70s and 80s when I was immature, running a slow (168bhp at the wheels 700kg) car with no experience or skill. I survived and have now grown up.

Over here in the UK it's "you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?"

As stated above, I have participated in street racing, probably before you were born judging by your comments.

Over here we have very few drag strips. In the States there is almost one in every town so only those scared to get a time slip that shows how slow there car actually is participate in street racing, IMO. There will be exceptions, of course, but very few.

The Christmas tree separates the men from the BS boys without fail. IMO, most street racers have a book of excuses as to why they can't get to a strip.

Of course, the above is only my opinion, but it is as the result of many years of having to read fatal street race crash reports (unfortunately, often bystanders rather than drivers) and helping to clear up afterwards.

+1 for the 70s (and maybe 80s ?)
Its worth adding that along with the cars being much slower in the 70s the roads were an awful lot safer .
Now we have a crossing bollard in the center of the road what seems like every 100 yards , in the 70s they hardly existed . The roads were wider then and the number of cars about was a fraction of today.
What was possible then just isnt possible now.

but a good street race is still an unbeliveble rush of A feeling(adrenaline).
ok, AROUND 1966, i was deep into organized drag racing and some lower level track road racing!
all of it was fun and expensive.
at the last race of year, i broke some welded up steering gear, i was up for last drag race of the day, so i went for it,(never considered a crash), came close but used the whole track to bring it down from 185MPH! didnt crash.

gave me something to think about, for the winter months.

my thoughts where simple ,(the closer you can come to death,(without going there), the higher you become.)
it worked for Roman Gladiators, and Extreme fighters of today, and when word is out that late at night on some deserted street, a rivalry race is on, you can bet the crowd will be there,with cameras etc.

and like i said if you have not participated, been in the feelings of the rush, you have not arrived!
RON

What mods do you have on your STR to get it up to 450hp ?
With only 4 posts since 2013 I doubt that the OP is still active on here. I don't think he liked the response he got from his immature bravado and BS :) Probably moved on to a boy racer site.

You dont need a pair to drive a performance car
in shorts spurts.

Besides driving a proper performance car in shorts spurts is a complete waste of time - you need to use all the performance , as in full power through the gears ,
Maybe you can do that on the road but I would have to be on a track or drag strip which is where i go

You dont need a pair to drive a performance car
in shorts spurts.

Besides driving a proper performance car in shorts spurts is a complete waste of time - you need to use all the performance , as in full power through the gears ,
Maybe you can do that on the road but I would have to be on a track or drag strip which is where i go

The only people who can use the full power of their car on the UK roads drive cars with very little power :)

......grow a pair. In short spurts with no traffic it’s fine....why else would you buy a performance car....

I have a pair and they get regular exercise at LEGAL CONTROLLED EVENTS where there is zero chance of something unforeseen happening other than my running out of talent and should that happen there are trained people on hand in the event of injury.

......grow a pair. In short spurts with no traffic it’s fine....why else would you buy a performance car....

Hopefully he will come to realize that his inappropriate comments in his first post is not the kind that are welcome on this site by the replies from respected long term members.

I think that the OP is 4 years old and the poster never came back suggests he got the hint.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back