Doing a wedding at the weekend

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Hey, I get to put ribbons on my car and transport the bridesmaids to a wedding on Saturday.

At last I'll know what the andrex puppy feels like when I'm driving around with all those ribbons on the front of the car. I just hope I don't get lost enroute!

Last edited:
Re: Doing a wedding a the weekend

Now trust me on this Obi Waynne, drive the route a couple of times from the place where you will be picking up the bridesmaids. My mates sat nav died two days before a wedding, he had no money left to buy a replacement as part of his role was to hire the car as a gift to the bridegroom to help him out; he was never so stressed in all his life as he had to stop every now and then for directions; when he finally arrived at the church he was mentally a complete wreck :sad2:

Maps, maps, maps, they never break down. Even when old and out of date they will still get you to where you want to be.

Even when old and out of date they will still get you to where you want to be.

Eventually maybe and not without having to stop somewhere for more accurate directions. Is holding a map these days while driving considered safe? People are so impatient, without a suitable place to stop and peruse a map, you will be greeted with horn blowing and both one & two fingered gesturing by fellow motorists while you delay them for 0.3 seconds on their journey while your trying to find your destination - try it and see ;)

Nope - about 10 mins in my local town, to my regular local place of worship. But I could still get lost! I am terrible and the starting point is way over the other side of town! :D :lol: