Need quick tips on drifting!

davalav

Pro Tuner
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
Hey everyone!

So, due to the generous nature of my girlfriends Dad, he has booked us both in for a few hours worth of drifting lessons on Thursday.

To say I am confident is a complete lie, I am nervous as hell and have never drifted a car before.

Is there anything I need to look out for? Can some one give tips on how to do it? :D

Cheers,

Dave

Yup, agree with TN. Any advice from here on how to drift will just confuse you :)

Tell the instructor that you have never done it before and follow his instructions. He is used to novices so don't pretend you know anything.

Just try to avoid hitting anything hard :)

Make sure you take as many photos as you can and post a comprehensive report.

You could, whilst there, ask if they do discounts for car clubs.

Personally I'd say let the instructor give you tips on how to do it.
That's what they are there for buddy. ;)

+1 ;)

Fear not Dave, the instructors will have you doing things with those cars that you previously thought was impossible with you behind the wheel :)

Thanks, makes this post seem stupid and useless. I will be as wise as a Yoda one day...

Don't worry! I'll try to get a ton pf pictures and am asking around for any one with a GoPro.

I am very much looking forward to it and if I remember I'll ask about club discounts. If any one is curious, its at Brands.

Thanks, makes this post seem stupid and useless. I will be as wise as a Yoda one day...

Not at all. You asked a very valid question thnking that it would be a good idea to get some tips. I hope that our advice has been helpful and you come back having not been beaten by your GF. Oooohh, that would hurt ;)

Not at all. You asked a very valid question thnking that it would be a good idea to get some tips. I hope that our advice has been helpful and you come back having not been beaten by your GF. Oooohh, that would hurt ;)

I would never go out in public again... haha!

So I just got back and it was awesome! I got a few videos of the pro's drifting as they didn't suck.

I also got a video of me in a Skyline but the track was so wet, I kept spinning out!

Here are the Pro's

Me

Hi Dave, it looks like you had a great day buddy, glad to see that those pro's remembered everything that I taught them..:blink:.....:lol:

So what's your next high octane adrenaline kick going to be then? :)