Tried out service buy no joy -(

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Tried this service for the Elan. Sent them the full spec of car.

However, as soon as I quoted my best price (from Performance Direct) the (friendly) guy said there was no point in him searching for a better deal as he would not be able to get anywhere near this.

Oh, well, worth a try.

Yeah, Fully Comp, agreed value of £35k and full modified spec for £211. I will just have to save up :)

I would happily take on any Jap car on a track. Elans used to do it to the big boys back in the 60s and will still do it now, IMO - well, mine anyway :)

I thought that too, but, asking around my hot rod buddies, it is about right for a highly modified car owned by a wrinkly. I guess the thought process is that having spent so much time and money on their project and taking into account that they are not daily drivers so the mileage will be low the risk is low hence the premiums are also.

I thought that too, but, asking around my hot rod buddies, it is about right for a highly modified car owned by a wrinkly. I guess the thought process is that having spent so much time and money on their project and taking into account that they are not daily drivers so the mileage will be low the risk is low hence the premiums are also.

Indeed, if you have other vehicles we can look at our excellent family fleet policy but we will have to explore that option next time around.

We have an eclectic collection of cars in this houshold:

Lotus Elan
Robin Hood
Chevrolet Blazer
Vauxhaul Astra Turbo
Audi S3
VW Corrado
Mecedes Motorhome

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back