Secondary turbo ???

yankfan100

Tuner
Car
MG ZS IXL DTi
Hi folks, ive got a dilema, i want to get my MG zs dti upto 60 mpg, (ave), at present im on 54 mpg, obviously im going for economy, mind you, it does kick when the turbo cuts in at 2k rpm, so i need to find anyone who fitted a secondary turbo to the exaust system,
. The dilema im facing is that i need to save on fuel costs, SO,,,do i go for the afore mentioned unit od get rid of the wife ??????:lol::lol::lol:

fitting a second turbo is very complicated and is unlikely to give less not more mpg

even if it was better at your target extra 6mpg extra was possible (which I doubt) you would need to drive close to forever to save the amount the installation would cost.

Get it remapped using an economy map. This will still increase power but, if driven at the same speed and acceleration as before, will improve the MPG as you will be using less throttle.

It is if all he wants is better mpg a better map is a far easier , cheaper and more effective than fitting a second turbo

That's why I mentioned driving the car the same way. The problem with remaps is the temptation to use the extra power :)

That's why I mentioned driving the car the same way. The problem with remaps is the temptation to use the extra power :)

You did indeed. Torque is addictive, that's the problem. Then again I also find totally spineless cars can be thirsty in my hands because I try to wring usable day to day performance from them.

Acclimatisation perhaps is the key. Or restraint

Horses for courses I suppose .. .. ... .....