Progressive Automotive X Prize Mustang Claims 400 HP, 110 MPG; We Claim Baloney [Prog

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
80-mpg-mustang.jpg
Doug Pelmear is claiming his '87 Stang is good for 400 HP and a 3 second 0-60 MPH time, all while returning a 110 MPGe figure. MPGe? Yeah, that's miles per gallon equivalent; because he's using E85 ethanol, that figure might be about 80 real miles per gasoline gallon. So, is Doug one of those garage tinkerers who managed to create a magnetized fuel line or a super-efficient set of exhaust bearings which promise an amazing 100 MPG, but whose patent hasn't gone through yet, or it was destroyed in a fire, or the dog ate it? Well, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

First, 80 MPG for a Fox-body Mustang is like 300 MPG for a Geo Metro. We haven't taken the effort to run the equations, but we're pretty sure there just isn't that much energy in a gallon to begin with, much less all of the losses from various frictions and combustion inefficiencies.

The car is to be entered in the Progressive Automotive X Prize challenge and if Doug's claims turn out to be valid, we plan on turning in our engineering card, that's all we're saying. Check out the video on YouTube and see what you think for yourselves. [Ecomodder]

img.phdo
tracker.php

Original story

Wacky, Woof or whatever. What do you think...

Re: Progressive Automotive X Prize Mustang Claims 400 HP, 110 MPG; We Claim Baloney [

with a bit of deleloment theyre looking at 500mpg
mmmm 2 guys manage to do something that car manufactures have been trying for years. i agree with one of the comments the fuel gauge is broken

Re: Progressive Automotive X Prize Mustang Claims 400 HP, 110 MPG; We Claim Baloney [

yeah whatever; 110 mpg 'subscript' e. Since when do we start referencing any hard math fact as equivalent. And what makes even more skeptical the vid didn't even show the car running unless I didn't watch the right one. :blink:

*Removed URL link as per our T&C's* this is a bit old, but the reasons why automotive companies don't jump on this technology or haven't discovered it themselves is because oil companies would lose mass amounts of money. Lots of people would lose jobs so they figure its best to do as they're doing for the economy and trying to balance it with nature such as the new ford eco boost

*Removed URL link as per our T&C's* this is a bit old, but the reasons why automotive companies don't jump on this technology or haven't discovered it themselves is because oil companies would lose mass amounts of money. Lots of people would lose jobs so they figure its best to do as they're doing for the economy and trying to balance it with nature such as the new ford eco boost

How do I say this ..........I will be nice and say rubbish.

What you have said is that one company invents something but wont use it cos another company completely unrelated will lose money. :toung::toung::toung:

If someone invents something like that ( and I did say IF ) then it would be worth a small fortune and companies would pay loads of spending vouchers for it. Things like this just dont disappear if they are genuine

talking of dissapearing ... the vid isnt dissapeared because he doesnt have a youtube account anymore and that in itself tells its own storey

So you are saying car manufacturers are completely unrelated to oil companies? Last time i checked most cars run on gas or diesel that are produced by the oil companies. Though i have no evidence at this time, i will say imo that oil companies pay car manufacturers loads of cash so that they will still have a multi-billion dollar company selling oil. The cars back in the day could get 20+ mpg, and currently in europe their VWs clean turbo diesels run at 70+ mpg but are not allowed here because their emissions don't pass Us and Canada standards.... even though theyd actually be getting more mileage and be more efficient than the cars here. Ford, Dodge, Chevy, w.e they could have made a atleast 70+ mpg non hybrid car already. They wouldn't sell it though because of deals they have with the oil companies. Ahaha I know this has nothing to back it up so you can dismiss all of it. This is just my general opinion from what ive heard, read, or saw.

So you are saying car manufacturers are completely unrelated to oil companies? Last time i checked most cars run on gas or diesel that are produced by the oil companies.

I eat meat but Im not related to any farmers or supermarkets

Though i have no evidence at this time, i will say imo that oil companies pay car manufacturers loads of cash so that they will still have a multi-billion dollar company selling oil. This is just my general opinion from what ive heard, read, or saw.

Of course you are absolutely entitled to your opinion however bizaire untill you change it to a fact and post it as such

Comparing apples to bananas eh. And it shouldn't have to be a fact for me say it should it if i say it is in my own opinion? I let people know its not a fact, just my opinion from what i've observed. If people think it isn't true well that is fine too, I won't tell them not to post it because it isn't fact.

Oh by related I didn't mean related... bad choice of words. I ment more of cooperate, associate, affiliate, or collaborator with one another. Thank you for your opinion though.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back