Miles on a tank

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many miles do you get on a full tank of fuel?

Do you usually top it right up or just put in a few gallons each time you fill up.

I tend to put about £30 in at a time, no point in lugging all that heavy fuel around.
the Volvo gets about 300miles on a tank full, no idea what the Mondeo does (I never fill it up)

If it's motorway driving I can get 400 - 450 a tank

But around town / going to work, max I can get is around 300/ 340

I never run it down to empty but based upon my own gathered data (which concurs with the OBC) slightly over 400 in general use, most of which is starty stoppy stuff.

On a long run I can return over 40mpg (!!!!) - yes you did read correctly, in a 528i SE Auto !!!

18 mpg in the Skyline according to the app calculator, about 200 - 225 miles on a tank. The Golf on the other hand returns 42mpg avg and 600 miles on a tank but far less SPG (Smiles Per Gallon:bigsmile:) Just love dumping the boost pressure next to passers by in the Skyline, such a childish thing :embarrest:

18 mpg in the Skyline according to the app calculator, about 200 - 225 miles on a tank. The Golf on the other hand returns 42mpg avg and 600 miles on a tank but far less SPG (Smiles Per Gallon:bigsmile:) Just love dumping the boost pressure next to passers by in the Skyline, such a childish thing :embarrest:

Why not? :)

I get between 300 and 350 US miles but that is with a 30Gal tank. Usually only fill up if going on a trip other than that put in just enough to get the work done for the week.

Good grief :amazed: You must have really been giving it the beans sleeper :lol:

Not really as a stagea is only 20mpg as standard ( heavy ,auto , turbo awd 0

Most gtrs dont do 20 in fact I think 17-18 mpg is pretty good considering .

Dont know that many 500+ bhp cars that do over 20mpg