bits you dont notice

geraint13

Pro Tuner
Car
Zafira 1.9 SRI
Went round my car today and noticed a few things. A bit of work needs to be done on the alloys. Flaking, common I hear. Front skirt an bonnet needs looking at and a few light scratches. Going to start pricing alloy refurbs and get the paint work priced.

Doesn't sound cheap Gee but needs to be done, it will drive you crazy now that you have seen the damage and something isn't done about it soon.

Marvellous stuff, I have done some lucky dips for tonight and tomorrow so if I come up trumps, worry not about the funding of your new chariot :bigsmile:

A detailer will most likely sort out a few "light scratches" G-Dawg, or you could have a go yourself. Unlikely paint will be needed!

hope you find a place cheaper than round here.
£95 to refurb a wheel.
if they are just light scratches have a go at masking them with some autogym super resin polish. most likey you will need something a bit stronger than hand to remove them as german paint can be slightly hard

hope you find a place cheaper than round here.
£95 to refurb a wheel.
if they are just light scratches have a go at masking them with some autogym super resin polish. most likey you will need something a bit stronger than hand to remove them as german paint can be slightly hard

95 a wheel, I can get a set of rims with tyres for that lol.

Will price up a few today and post my results.
Be good to get a comparison.

yeah thats what his wife said. she asked for how many and i said all 4 as 2 have slight kerbing but all 4 would needed rubbed down and repainted as the paints flacking in bits, badly on one, and it was a case of for the price weve got sets lying around that have been sorted that would cost less. might have a look next time one of us is in to see what theyve got.

Phoned round the cheapest I could find was a fiber less that what you said pg. Then some good news. Picking my kids up from school and started talking to a mate who said a friend of his does it as a sideline, charges 25quid a wheel.
Happy days. Seen his work on my mates car. Looks the job. He's had it done about 3 mths ago.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back