Any MGF owners out there with tuning tips?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you have an MGF post up a hello in here. It would be interesting to hear which tyres you are using.

I have heard reports that a lot of tyres compromise the handling. The Eagle F1s seem to work quite well but theres no substitute for experience.

What size wheels do you have?

MGFs aren't as fussy as the TFs and mines a TF.

I use Toyo T1Rs, but they are getting difficult to come by.

I can PM you a link to another site which has compiled a list of recommended tyres, unless you are happy for me to post the link on here.

Have just seen the date on the post.

I guess you have tyres by now. :lol:

To anyone with a TF and to a lesser extent, an F, they are fussy about tyres and mixing tyres on the car can lead to really bad handling problems.

I have heard of people describing their cars as borderline dangerous, until they fitted a set of 4 matching tyres.

When I brought my MgF Trophy 160 it had the wrong size & type of tyre, (195/45/16 & an unknown brand) on the rear & it handled like a sack... It felt like I was skating on ice even in the dry. Fitted up the right 215/40/16 Goodyear Eagle F1's & wow an amazing difference. The F & Tf were designed to run on only a couple of tyres & you do get punished for fitting cheap garbage.

I was reading that the Trophy 160 is a very underrated car, What are they like to own and drive? bar the well documented headgasket woes?