Bonnet Bra's

davalav

Pro Tuner
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
Seen a few of these recently, and I have no idea as to how or what they do!!

Can some one please enlighten me? Here is an image for the ones that are too, in wonder.

Attachments

• 3386381006_5b3f0fcc3c.jpg
    3386381006_5b3f0fcc3c.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
They are basically used to protect the bonnet from stone chips. However, some of the DUB boys use them to add 'style'. They can also trap dirt and water underneath eventually ruining the paint work. Personally I don't like them.

Oh... So there real purpose to protect the paint from chips... Makes sense. I do however think they look good on Golfs, and Golfs alone.

Never thought I'd see the day when cars start wearing clothes! :lol:

car bra's annoy the day lights out of me! would be like having an armarni suit then putting overalls over it for a posh dinner. what's the point in spending £££'s on a paintjob then cover it over ? another chav fashion coming.

They are basically used to protect the bonnet from stone chips. However, some of the DUB boys use them to add 'style'. They can also trap dirt and water underneath eventually ruining the paint work. Personally I don't like them.

I totally agree! they are naff :blink:

What about the rest of the front end. Just covering a bit of the bonnet is a waste of time IMO.

Exactly my thought s too.
675a8144.gif

saw a nice astra coupe other day, sounded nice, looked nice then saw the driver (chav) the saw the front (bonnet bra) i almost stood there and cried lol what a nice car ruined

obviously the point is to advertise that the car is being driven by an utter ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
some guy did some weight reduction to his enzo a few years back, did a great job the engine only had to pull it's own weight after he wrapped it round a tree

**** is a another word fot twit which is why the swear filter didnt pick it up .
I cant beleive you count that as a swear word.

Last edited by a moderator:
saw another fine example of a prat today. with a car bra on a punto. turned out to be a woman driver, need i say more? that car had more dents than a gay blokes poo! lol

saw another fine example of a prat today. with a car bra on a punto. turned out to be a woman driver, need i say more? that car had more dents than a gay blokes poo! lol

LMAO! They are becoming the must have for chavs cars! There was a fez van with one one, had it covering up the blue oval...At least make the effort to show the badge!

this was a chavette lol the police ain't the best in car design lol why would ya wanna show a ford badge anyway? lol unless it's that jag xj220 powered ford transit lol. car bra's are for people who like the look of stock paint, or to keep your eyes off the massive prat driving it lol

My dad had a black Triumph Herald 1256 with a cream coloured vinyl roof, this looked much better than the black painted roofed equivalent imo ;)

This isn't a good look.

You're in a no win situation with these. Try and convince people you do it because it protects your bonnet and you end up looking a tit when then questioned about how your front bumper is going to cope. Then try and convince someone it looks good and you'll simply be laughed at because....it doesn't :p

A young fashion trend that the young and impressionable will follow. It'll phase out, hopefully :confused: