latest pics of car

well at the risk of starting a different fight 13 might win the volvo estate shoot out but you need at least a 12 to call it a quick estate .

the car is rapid mate just cant get it off the line very quickly too much wheelspin, ill be going for 12's next year i reckon, with a forged engine and massive turbo

a thought ...........if wheelspin is the problem a more powerful engine you wwill need to sort the traction out or it may make things worse .

I lost my awd when I changed the ecu and it was noticeably quicker on low boost untill the problem was sorted.

a thought ...........if wheelspin is the problem a more powerful engine you wwill need to sort the traction out or it may make things worse .

I lost my awd when I changed the ecu and it was noticeably quicker on low boost untill the problem was sorted.

there is nothing you can do about the spinning a 2.2 60ft is the quickest ive ever done and i'm yet to see another t5 do the same, as soon as it grips though its off like a scolded cat

Im am not up to speed with volvos so this may be a stupid question . (if it is please be gentle with me :) )

I had a late V70R which was AWD would this system not help ?

Im am not up to speed with volvos so this may be a stupid question . (if it is please be gentle with me :) )

I had a late V70R which was AWD would this system not help ?

by late what year did you have? for one around my cars age when it comes to tuning the awd system is weak so to put even more power through it won't help also you will burn clutches out alot easier, no-one i know across the volvo forums uses a phase 1 awd v70r for racing or modifying only front drivers

Fair enough as I said Im no volvo expert

I had a mildly tweaked T reg V70R the later one with the twin exhausts - it was actually the car that got me into quick estates.

Im sure your info is right it was just a thought from an ignorant Nissan driver :lol:

Fair enough as I said Im no volvo expert

I had a mildly tweaked T reg V70R the later one with the twin exhausts - it was actually the car that got me into quick estates.

Im sure your info is right it was just a thought from an ignorant Nissan driver :lol:

yeah its mainly the propshaft that causes the problems, nice car im sure for a daily driver but not for tuning, what you got a stagea? what spec is it running?

very impressive mate, thought you could push more torque from 500bhp though, at 1.3 bar mine has 353lb ft and 311 bhp so at 1.5 bar probably could push 380-390lb ft. nice to do these estates though, a friend of mine has, the same car as me with 450 bhp, with a forged bottom end and a gt3071 so will be doing this probably next year

Different engine will obviously give different charachteristics but of course Im sure you know that,
And as you know things have to move on -
Once the engine is forged (or safe) it is a question and how big a turbo(s) you want to run and of course the mapping - How silly do you want to be .
Mine isnt set up for standing quarters and is perfectly driveable around town
But the map was checked this week after some mod and is now circa 500ft lbs at 4500rpm . The torque curve is pretty flat though and it is still producing close to this at 6500

Different engine will obviously give different charachteristics but of course Im sure you know that,
And as you know things have to move on -
Once the engine is forged (or safe) it is a question and how big a turbo(s) you want to run and of course the mapping - How silly do you want to be .
Mine isnt set up for standing quarters and is perfectly driveable around town
But the map was checked this week after some mod and is now circa 500ft lbs at 4500rpm . The torque curve is pretty flat though and it is still producing close to this at 6500

got any links to yours at santa pod? to tell you the truth my car being a front driver is a bit manic as it is torque steering all over the shop on boost but i like the aggressiveness of the way it drives, and of course that unbeatable noise of a turbo'd 5 pot engine

There is only one pic at the pod - on the start line and it was a while back

It ran a 13.05 last year but thats including missing 4th gear - it was going 5mph faster at 1000 feet than when it crossed the line.

There is only one pic at the pod - on the start line and it was a while back

It ran a 13.05 last year but thats including missing 4th gear - it was going 5mph faster at 1000 feet than when it crossed the line.

i can just get over the line in 3rd with my 19's on lol

here is me racing an rs turbo i battered him all the way then he came past me at the end with a 111mph terminal speed, not bad for a 1.6 eh?
CC3188.jpg

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back