How to choose a bodykit

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How do you go about choosing a body kit? Do you try to see a car with a kit you like or do you go the custom route and get something bespoke for your car?

I would say that choosing a bodykit is a matter of personal preference, although it matters what you want the bodykit for: performance, or styling. First thing is to make sure that the kit matches to the shape of your car, otherwise it will look tacky and unprofessional, second if deciding to purchase a body kit, you would want to buy a good one, many can be very expensive, but it would be better to invest your money in a good quality, long lasting kit, then a crappy one that will just be a waste of time and money in the long run.

The fitting and painting has a lot to do with the finished thing. There are also lots of cheap tack plastic kits around that will warp at the first sign of a hot day.

i prefer aftermarket kits to the stock ones, as im wanting my car to look different.
going to debadge and make a custom front grill, then add a kit (using something to put in the seams of where the kit joins to the body and paint over it so it looks all 1 piece) want people to ask 'what sort of car it that'

i prefer aftermarket kits to the stock ones, as im wanting my car to look different.
going to debadge and make a custom front grill, then add a kit (using something to put in the seams of where the kit joins to the body and paint over it so it looks all 1 piece) want people to ask 'what sort of car it that'

I think it depends on what car you have tbh. A lot of Jap cars could do with some sprucing up, but for my car there is no better kit than the mtec (OEM BMW) kit.

When we had the r33 we bought a gtr style boot spoiller,it was a good one,good fit etc! cost 150 quid,but then cost 300 for fitting and paint,but it was a good job,so basicly it can be a pricey thing!.