Favourite Hot Hatch?

pikey, is it going to be the daily while the rado is being done or have you lost your love of it ?

unfortunately the Rado is being swapped for the new mk2.
was a tough decision, and am sure gonna miss her, but i missed out on this particular car 7months ago by a matter of days, and need to get it out of my system. plus, when i get bored of the valver lump and lob a 20vT in, it will stand me a profit of circa 2.5k.
the money from selling it will then pay for another Rado VR and the turbo conversion. unless i get distracted by something else lol

unfortunately the Rado is being swapped for the new mk2.
was a tough decision, and am sure gonna miss her, but i missed out on this particular car 7months ago by a matter of days, and need to get it out of my system. plus, when i get bored of the valver lump and lob a 20vT in, it will stand me a profit of circa 2.5k.
the money from selling it will then pay for another Rado VR and the turbo conversion. unless i get distracted by something else lol

well good luck and enjoy maytee !!!!! :lol:

wow that w12 golf looks mad and yeah it looks scary, they should of brought them out to annoy all the people with the r32's lol

Didn't VW throw that crazy golf together i like, 6 weeks?

'What do we have spare in the stores right now fellas?'

'Gallardo rear sub-frame, Conti GT motor and a white Golfwith no interior.'

'I'll take it!'

'Which bit boss?'

'All of it.... MWAHAHAHAHAA!'

Sounds about right there.... lol

They should put that motor in an R8 or a Lamborghini to see what they can get out of it...

Also I do wonder why they never put the turbocharged version in the Audi A8, I think that the film Transporter 2 and 3 would have gone differently if it did.... that seen in number 3 where the merc amg is chasing them, if it was the tt then it would be bye bye amg

Ok a bit of entertainment for you :bigsmile:

Std spec out the factory

Genuine two door with hatchback and no boot.
Tube chassis , 4wd , leather interior , alloy wheels , electric everything , air con , central locking , abs etc

Oh and the standard version was 330 bhp with more torque than you can throw a stick at.

Who will guess first ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

None of you are even close .

And the spec is as the cars left the factory and it is a real road car and not a race or rally edition.

No fraid not

To help - it isnt japanese .

Like a lot of cars not all models were 4wd in fact there was a faster 2wd version available with 385bhp out the factory

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I liked the 1998 Golf GTi with the 8 valve 2.0 engine with about 115bhp. Not really a hot hatch, just a warmish one. But it had perfect gearing for it's modest torque and always wanted to go in any gear even if not terribly quickly.. Nicely refined as well.

Is it that mental metro, the 6r4? No can't be, that didn't have any kind of interior never mind a leather one.

Is it really what we would call a hatch or some kind of 911 coupe?

actually I think I know what t69 is thinking of but my choice was the interceptor and they are a genuine hatchback (well my one is)

The rear tailgate opens like a hatchback with the whole rear window and frame lifting up to allow storage behind the seats

1969 and had dual circuit discs all round , abs ( or a vesion of it ) - central locking - leather alloys - air con , etc .
And there was an 4wd version.

Plus in that year some had the tuned high compression 6.3 litre version of the dodge charger engine with a touqueflite auto box (one of the best the yanks made)

Hyundai Veloster. Can't wait to get the turbo one when it comes out here in June :)

To be fair as I hadnt heard of it I googled it and read the article before I made a comment.

er..well............

on the plus side it is a hatchback :bigsmile: