What air freshner do you have

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
I think most people have air freshners in their car so what are the most popular ones?

What do you have? I have the good old Pine flavour :blink: Magic Tree! I also had Lemon but found this to be far too strong.

Are there any smells of air freshner you can't stand?

I have been using for quite a while now an air freshener by Ambi Pur for cars called Pacific Air. They sell the refills in glass bottles in all the supermarkets and it just clips to the air vent. Nice smelling and not at all overpowering.

Actually last week in the Saab Driver magazine I did come across this advert for a leather scented air freshener that straps to the underside of your seat. If the reviews are to be believed, then it has been very well received, also it is very popular with the Jaguar Owners Club by all accounts.
For about £8.00 and lasting up to 90 days I thought I might give it a go. ;)

Last three days got scent of good home made black wine from Dalmatia....1 L manage its way out of the bottle. :lol:
Surprisingly, it does not stink at all! As a matter of fact it smells good....darn....it was really fine wine! :lol:

Otherwise do not use air freshners in cars. Weekly maintanance of cockpit with Armoral tissues provides me enough "scent of clean".

P.S. HDi fun, what is "gliptone". Never heard that word.

Last edited:
i dont bother with air freshners i just febreeze the seats and carpets once a week paying parcticular attention to the drivers seat,it gets some right hammer on a monday morning after sunday nights bhuna+5 pints of mild.

haha bet that could be fun if you get stopped, excuse me sir but i can smell alcohol :lol:

That could be really comic situation 'cause I would pretend I AM drunk... "And you know sir, you are asp...I mean aps-olu-olu-olutly right! I just bottle up an liter of damn good wine...HIK!" :lol:

But really not botter me - never drive when got more then one drink. Live in small town and can walk home from anywhere, and if I am somewhere far away I wont drink. Tickets in Croatia for drunk drivers can reach amount of several monthly paychecks, don't mention loosing drivers licence.

Last edited:
An open jar of cinnamon sticks in the passenger door pocket... random i know but they have been going pretty strong for about 2 months now and waaay cheaper than a branded air freshner... Im not a fan of the stronger, synthetic scents so a little cinnamon is fairly nice.

Saw Jack Dee live many years ago and the only line I remember is:

Air fresheners just tell everyone that you and your car stink!

Most of them smell like lavatory cleaner. I don't like them dangling from the mirror. I don't like the air vent ones cos they break the air vents. I tried hanging one in the grab handle in the back of the car. Still no good.

There's a good case here for opening windows periodically - we're all cocooned in climate controlled nano-climates in our cars these days. I'm an avid AC user, it's on permanently but I still drop the windows for a few minutes here and there to change the air in the car.

That and a cheap 99p spray bottle of Asda fabric freshener here and there too. I have lavender and tea-tree and the moment.

2 magic trees forest fresh hanging from rear coathooks which are changed every month without fail.
I don,t like things hanging from the rear view mirror.

Forest fresh reminds me of when my Primera had some bodywork repaired in 1999 after being damaged whilst parked. The bodyshop (which did a superb job) put a couple of those in the car before returning it to me.

The olfactory nerves and associated systems are well known to invoke memories. Psychiatrists concur.