Dashboard Bulbs

badger1980

Tuner
Car
Mitsubishi Galant
Hi has anybody changed the bulbs behind the clocks on a 1996/7 Accord saloon i know ive got one or two blown but don't fancy changing for stock bulbs, and was wondering what type they were im guessing they are the push in twist type.Think they call them a T5 bulb but not to sure and sometimes they use different sizes any help with the sizes or model numbers would be great.:confused:

That's the sort of thing covered in the workshop manuals like Haynes. I'm not sure on the accord so I'm sorry I can't point you in the right direction.

Most aftermarket part suppliers will be able to tell you which bulbs you need to buy.

Are you thinking of a change of colour?

when i did my civic it was a mix of normal sidelight bulbs, 501s, and a smaller one which i never found out what it was.

was only a couple of screws to remove the clocks

That's the sort of thing covered in the workshop manuals like Haynes. I'm not sure on the accord so I'm sorry I can't point you in the right direction.

Most aftermarket part suppliers will be able to tell you which bulbs you need to buy.

Are you thinking of a change of colour?

Yeah im going for a complete colour change im really fancying a uv blue or purple need to do some experimenting i may even go for a combo of the two but once i find the right colour the centre console will get the same treatment. The interior lights will be done with led's but ill build some led cluster's for them may even make puddle lights to go in the door's but need to get the colours right first, I've seen the plasma glow dials but im not to sure of the colours. There is a company in the US who do kits of all the led's for each part of the car but seem expensive just to buy never mind shipping to the uk.

hmm,, how can i change them? and you got a photo anywhere? cause i really want some other then the boring stock lights. since my radio has blue lights aswell, i want to change them. but i do not know how :(