A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I'm off to Audi today.

1) Fix broken brake light switch
2) Replace the Fuel pump cam lobe
3) Check Tracking
4) Fix front door close
5) Check vehicle thoroughly.

Theoretically a lot of this should be covered by the warranty! :lol:

Let's play guess what my bill is going to be!

i am with hdi
but if its not
audi got to be on 110 quid a hour
so got to be a hour for 3 4 5
.2 for 1

is it a diesel
if so the pump has got to be a 3hr job
so
about 450-500 labour plus parts + vat

lol Is that why he's hiding away?
Or do you think he's still in shock from the bill??

Men in white suits may have removed him from the dealership. :lol::lol:

:lol: I did post it up last night only I didn't press submit and my computer restarted itself. Sorry to keep you all in suspense.

Thankfully the dodgy fuel pump cam follower issues does not apply to the BUL engines, they took the time to tell me the differences and they now use 3 lobes for the fuel pump to avoid the wear and tear.

They even found and fixed a blown bulb in the rear passenger headlining and replaced this!

Total cost £0.00 and the car had a full valet inside and out. I'm so impressed, I really thought I would end up spending money and they would find themselves a load of work to do.

We had an A1 1.4 TFsi to drive around in for the day which was also fun! :)

:lol: I did post it up last night only I didn't press submit and my computer restarted itself. Sorry to keep you all in suspense.

Thankfully the dodgy fuel pump cam follower issues does not apply to the BUL engines, they took the time to tell me the differences and they now use 3 lobes for the fuel pump to avoid the wear and tear.

They even found and fixed a blown bulb in the rear passenger headlining and replaced this!

Total cost £0.00 and the car had a full valet inside and out. I'm so impressed, I really thought I would end up spending money and they would find themselves a load of work to do.

We had an A1 1.4 TFsi to drive around in for the day which was also fun! :)
so i win?

Total cost £0.00

Thats a bit steep. Did they not pay you for the inconvinence of not haveing a car for a bit. And the fuel cost to get to the garage?? And the X factor for the hastle?? Cleaned inside the car?? I would have charged them for that, did you ask? No? Well then, that will be £50 please beacaue I quite enjoy doing it! I bet they didn't put a new air freshner in the car.

Audi. German proficency. Rubbish! :bigsmile:

That's just typical of young Waynne's luck! If that was me, it would have been a £1000 all day long :sad2:

Well.....I found this post just now, and I'm registered since like yesterday ;)

But, it all obviously depends from how old car is. If is still within the warranty then the cost did not surprised me to be honest. Why??? Audi offers a great service (just not the Bexley Audi) especially when car is still few years old/within the warranty or mileage.

If is out of warranty or mileage limit I would say a good few hundreds of quid.

For example:
As mentioned in waynne's ''Why I would not buy a new car'' thread, it can be very expensive even if part costs under 20quid.

My '06 Audi A8 is now just over 5years old so there is no warranty on it left.
Few weeks ago a thermostat died, it would not open so engine very quickly was reaching 130 degrees.
So, AA dropped my car to the dealership where well spoken man explained me the cost of repair.

Thermostat: 19.71 GBP (Genuine Audi Part)
+ repair + seal + fluid + water pump (80-100quid, my wish to do it as well)
Total: just under 800.00 GBP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1h varies, but usual it is something in the region of 120quid.
If job is bigger they should give you a discount on labour at least, which would bring it down to 100.00/h

Fact: to get to the thermostat you have to take the whole front of the car off, no space in engine bay with this engines to squeeze even a cotton bud ;)

...and because the front is off, is good to change water pump and cam belt together with all the rollers and tensioner as well....TOTAL: 1270.00 GBP , and all that because of 20quid part !!!!
You could leave the water pump (100quid), but if that goes wrong it will cost you 6times more on its own.
Cam belt kit costs 440quid, which can costs you later on its own another 500+ quid plus 440.00

Good advice, if car is out of warranty, but you planning to sell it, get the parts from GFS, keep the receipts together with your service history book and do it your self or find a good local garage with competitive rates - good garage scheme website can help you with that a lot, but there is a lot of scam about it as well, so be careful and always do a small research on Google to see if there is no bad opinions about the garage you found on other forums.
I always put 'garage name' problem, 'g n' review or 'g n' forum, it always works

My opinion, if your car is out of warranty, don't pay ridiculous prices to dealership, you will never get them back and they will never increase the value of the car.
I'm not greedy if something is worth the price, but I just hate overpriced charges.

If you get parts from places like GSF, such as cambelt, there will be a sticker which you filling in, mileage, date etc, and then stick to your service log book and keep receipt together with it.
Also, most of the GSF parts, if not all, comes exactly from same factories what dealership ones, if they are originally made by outside factories.

For example a cam belt kit for my Audi from GSF comes from same factory, same production line what the dealership one, the biggest different is in the price:
- Audi 440.00 GBP
- GSF 174.00 GBP
Difference, next to writing on it there is no Audi logo printed on the belt, but they offer you same warranty etc.

Fix your car with the GOOD dealership until is under warranty, after that, is just waste of money....