Renault Fluence + HK4 enginge SuperChrgd

hyperwater

Car
Renault Fluence 1.6
Hi Folks,

I'm looking to convert my slow ride into a middle age crisis game changer. I want to add a small supercharger to lift the HP around 20-30% without a lot of engine work.
As I said earlier, this is a middle age crisis thing, so you might have guessed that I know a little about engines and just a little.

Has this been done before and if no, what who would be interested to walk with me one step at a time?

Thx

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars car Forum :)
Feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspirational ideas towards your own special project!
Enjoy! :)

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to convert my slow ride into a middle age crisis game changer. I want to add a small supercharger to lift the HP around 20-30% without a lot of engine work.
As I said earlier, this is a middle age crisis thing, so you might have guessed that I know a little about engines and just a little.

Has this been done before and if no, what who would be interested to walk with me one step at a time?

Thx

it will be fast.. but you have to take all the extras into consideration IE,
intercooler, ECU will have to be mapped for the turbo, you will have to lower the compression with a thicker head gasket.
and if your going high boost you will need forged pistons..
your looking at about £2000.

Money is not an issue; it's the details of the hardware and the installation that concerns me. What wld be the guidance there?

Money is not an issue; it's the details of the hardware and the installation that concerns me. What wld be the guidance there?

if money isn't an issue then your best bet is to take it to a garage because it is a lot of work.

That wld be problematic; Egypt currently doesn't have trustworthy garages that can do such mod. Why wld a sprchrgr need an intclr?

That wld be problematic; Egypt currently doesn't have trustworthy garages that can do such mod. Why wld a sprchrgr need an intclr?

sorry i thought you meant turbo.. you wont need an intercooler then lol..
but you will still need the rest..
and to re-map your ECU it would need to be sent off :confused:

sorry i thought you meant turbo.. you wont need an intercooler then lol..
but you will still need the rest..
and to re-map your ECU it would need to be sent off :confused:
If your going to use an eaton supercharger, you will definately need an intercooler

if your using any form of forced induction then you really need a intercooler to cool the compressed air back down.

i would say to lower the compression by using lower compression pistons and stronger rods and crank