Hyundai elantra forum

I have a friend with the Opus limited edition and he loves it. If we get a few owners in this thread I will happily start a new forum for you all;) Welcome to the site Francois and I hope you enjoy your time on here.

I have a 1998 Elantra! It is my first car...but it's been through a lot and it's time for me to start looking for a new (used) car.

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

hello i have a elantra 2002 model diesel and i want to turbo it what should i do? it has only 66000km

I wouldn't even think about adding a turbo to a diesel engine. The Turbo diesl is quite a complex beast. What about considering an engine swap to a turbo diesel engine instead? It will be cheaper and quicker to do this.

how much it could be for a new turbo deisel engen? and how complex is it to change a deisel engen too turbo?

The easy swap would be a 2.0-litre CRTD CDX Diesel as this is already available in the elantra model. As to prices you'd need to ask around. Breakers yards and salvage yards are often good bets for cheap engines or you might find a nice reconditioned one.

Whos got a nice Elantra/Lantra?
Hi, Just joined the forum .I'm driving a new Fiery red 2017 Elantra Elite 2.0 lt . I've started performance modifications with a new stainless twin tip catback dual exhaust , which I know is manily for sound and looks. They state power gain of 5 BHP but that's questionable . My next step in the near future is a new set of extractor header pipes. Only place I've seen one though because my car is so new is Shark racing .They say their 2017 Sonata header will fitt the Elantra .

Welcome to the site, nice to have another Elantra owner in our midst.

Keep us posted with your mods and updates, I'm sure all our other Elantra owners will be interested to read your progress and see what you end up doing to your car.

hey guys im an elantra owner, i drive a 2018 SEL 2.0 naturally aspirated , no mods yet just getting my ears wet, i have an idea of the modifications i want to make my first planned upgrade will be a cold air intake from Ingen SP1362p , 17 Inch wheels with performance summer tires , and a stage 1 chip down the road , thinking of maybe upsizing my exaust after the Cat 1 pipe size larger what are your guys recommendations and do you guys think those are sensable upgrades to start with

I have a 200
Just checking in to say hi, just registered and looking forward gaining and hopefully being able to provide help and ideas. Oh, I have an 03 Elantra GLS 2.0l, I'm spraying it tomorrow in the garage so it'll be closer to nice. Bought it a week ago for $500 after a drunk totalled my 96 Mercedes E320, and it runs great. I already put a new timing belt, water pump, cold air intake, changed all fluids, engine and trans mounts, and next is tires and wheels. I'm thinking about putting in coil overs bcuz I've read here the suspension, even with new McPherson struts sucks, what do you guys think? Sorry, I can just ramble on forever about cars, good day y'all.

I have a friend with the Opus limited edition and he loves it. If we get a few owners in this thread I will happily start a new forum for you all;) Welcome to the site Francois and I hope you enjoy your time on here.
Christ, I just joined today
Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.
Christ, I just joined today, said my hellos on the newbie thread then was going to reply to a post about somebody asking about a cold air intake then I looked at the date, 2010! Then I looked at the dates on the other threads and 2010,11 13 but nothing from 2018-19. Was there a zombie apocalypse I'm not aware of and have I been in a coma? Its ok, I used to build and restore race cars in Hawaii so I can soup up a Hyundai. Lemme know if you guys have any real interests in your vehicles

hey guys im an elantra owner, i drive a 2018 SEL 2.0 naturally aspirated , no mods yet just getting my ears wet, i have an idea of the modifications i want to make my first planned upgrade will be a cold air intake from Ingen SP1362p , 17 Inch wheels with performance summer tires , and a stage 1 chip down the road , thinking of maybe upsizing my exaust after the Cat 1 pipe size larger what are your guys recommendations and do you guys think those are sensable upgrades to start with
Hello fellow Hyundai Elantra owner! I've already modded my 2014 Elantra GT with a Stage 1 OCBII chip and 17" Touren TR19 alloys, my choice was low profile 215/45ZR17 General boots on mat black 17" Touren TR19 5-spoke alloys, the overall diameter difference from the OEM stock 16" alloys and 205/55R16 rubber was exactly 0.250" larger, so ideally I'm doubting there's any issues with speedometer or drive train alteration. The added benefits of the rims IMO is that the 5-spoke come in at a few pounds lighter, there's much less spoke material impeding air flow through to the brake calipers and rotors, so ideally my brakes are running cooler, as well the extra one inch diameter rim and lower profile tire make cornering much tighter, more responsive as well improves body roll coming into and out of corners. My Stage 1 performance chip has been plugged in for over 8 weeks now so if manufacturer claims are accurate it's already remapped the ECU settings according to my driving habits, my opinion on any gains/loss or differences on the Stage 1 chip...? Firstly I'll add that it took well over a couple of weeks before any noticeable differences, most notably was the steady pull throughout the powerband, I was expecting a bit more than what was likely promised I'm guessing, but the stronger torque and steady pull from 1000 rpm right up through to near 6500 rpm red line was nice, and midrange power when dropping the pedal to pass is rather impressive. Off the line I'm unable to give it more than half throttle without having strong wheel spin (which is nice but hard on my new low profile rubber!) My next mods are likely;
• Injen Cold Air Ram Intake
• 4-1-2 Header Manifold
• Low Restriction Performance CAT
• Dual Performance Mufflers (medium noise levels)
If in keeping with manufacturer performance increases all this should ideally take me from the stock 173 HP from my 2.0L naturally aspirated L4 as much as 45+ HP more minimum, bringing me to about 218 HP TOTAL! I'm pretty excited about that!

Sorry forgot to add I've also went with NGK Iridium spark plugs, that was to compliment the Raizen Stage 1 high performance voltage regulator, improving spark output and also makes my new HID 55W 12000K bulbs (ice blue in color, both projector and low beams) look great on my dark blue GT!

Christ, I just joined today

Christ, I just joined today, said my hellos on the newbie thread then was going to reply to a post about somebody asking about a cold air intake then I looked at the date, 2010! Then I looked at the dates on the other threads and 2010,11 13 but nothing from 2018-19. Was there a zombie apocalypse I'm not aware of and have I been in a coma? Its ok, I used to build and restore race cars in Hawaii so I can soup up a Hyundai. Lemme know if you guys have any real interests in your vehicles
I love Hawaii and my 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT! I'm currently modding it to a stage one type level for daily driving use but always interested in "not overly expensive mods!"

It looks like we have some new Hyundai fans among us, that's great. Hyundai are pushing out some fantastic cars at the moment and the modding community is taking off.

You'll get there @BLKBEAUTY and nice to meet you @DronePiX

Hi, Just joined the forum .I'm driving a new Fiery red 2017 Elantra Elite 2.0 lt . I've started performance modifications with a new stainless twin tip catback dual exhaust , which I know is manily for sound and looks. They state power gain of 5 BHP but that's questionable . My next step in the near future is a new set of extractor header pipes. Only place I've seen one though because my car is so new is Shark racing .They say their 2017 Sonata header will fitt the Elantra .
Hmmmm ,then the turbo and manifold should fit also lol ?. I have a 2014 Elantra 2.0l gdi and want to do that upgrade :)

My brother has a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, but he doesn't drive it anymore. He gave it to his wife since he is now driving a Ford F-150 truck.

Hello,for the c.a.i. cut all of the oem restrictions out of the initional air intake by the radiator if u r connecting ur c.a.i. there