'The Other Half'

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
Do you get bugged by the other half for the amount of time you put into your car? Or the time you spend looking for parts?

I'm quite lucky as she often listens and pays a (slight) interest :lol:

I don't really put much time into my car, nor have I done so with previous cars so it's not really a topic of conversation. Cars are a means to an end in my opinion yet I still maintain (or, more accurately, have them maintained) meticulously. We're both very fussy drivers - things have to work properly.

As far as she's concerned my approach is a good one because in general maintenance and servicing is always cheaper than repair or replacement.

Which means that we can blow a few more quid on other things such as food, for example. We're both passionate about the stuff. So are the kids - they've got style, gotta give 'em that.

It's the first time in a very long time I've had money extra to spend and after deciding I'm keeping the car for a good few years (Just finished uni) so I have to balance keeping t'other lass happy and making sure my care is up to standard.

Even spending an afternoon in the engine cleaning parts off could spell a potential argument, only problem is that my 'better' half doesn't drive so couldn't understand :(

It's the first time in a very long time I've had money extra to spend and after deciding I'm keeping the car for a good few years (Just finished uni) so I have to balance keeping t'other lass happy and making sure my care is up to standard.

Even spending an afternoon in the engine cleaning parts off could spell a potential argument, only problem is that my 'better' half doesn't drive so couldn't understand :(

Well an afternoon of engine bay cleaning should'nt potentially bring on an arguement! How is the young lady when she's off for the afternoon shopping with her friends? no issues then I bet! Best you trade her in for a more understanding model on Ebay :)

Well an afternoon of engine bay cleaning should'nt potentially bring on an arguement! How is the young lady when she's off for the afternoon shopping with her friends? no issues then I bet! Best you trade her in for a more understanding model on Ebay :)

HAHA brilliant. ''Why do I spend £60 on cleaning products?''...''Why do you spend £60 on foundation'' :lol:

HAHA brilliant. ''Why do I spend £60 on cleaning products?''...''Why do you spend £60 on foundation'' :lol:

:lol: I have this same conversation with Her Indoors! she says "it's so I can look better for you!" I say, "I do it so that the car will look better for you when we go out!" quid pro quo! :bigsmile: