Carbon Fibre Repairs -any good?

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Not an issue for me as yet! But I am currently haggling prices with a supplier for some genuine CF external body parts for the Beast.
Then I suddenly thought to myself, "stonechips on the front spoiler"
I asked this particular supplier the question, but the long long pause on the phone from him, made me think I should be asking elsewhere on this subject :blink:

The current painted spoiler no problem! call up one of those scratch disguise chaps and the jobs done! :blink1: But CF? Not a clue! :embarrest:

Anyone know what is involved in the repair work, and more importantly, how good does it look afterwards?

Last edited:
If done by someone like Nick at Carbon Weezel, any repair will be virtually invisible (but not cheap)

He can be contacted on 02380 873516 evenings. Almost impossible to get him during the day.

If done by someone like Nick at Carbon Weezel, any repair will be virtually invisible (but not cheap)

He can be contacted on 02380 873516 evenings. Almost impossible to get him during the day.

Thanks OG, Curious I did not get an email saying that I had received a reply to this thread!

you look at the emails ? i have them going to an unused email account to save filling up my main one

:lol: Well I'm sure I don't get anywhere near your volume of mail Mr Super Moderator! I probably get about 10 or so a day from TC PG, and that's easy enough to delete at the end of the day :amuse:

abit off topic,but if you get the carbon fibre wrap,vinyl it comes in different sizes,gives off a clear finish if you use clear laqaure,and if it rips,heat it up with a heatgun and it repairs it's self :D

Thanks for the info Jordan, I have since bit the bullet and had the real thing fitted all round and very glad that I did. Hopefully stone-chips will not be an issue but if they are; I now know who to go to for the repairs ;)

Neowork1.jpg